5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Francisco Pizarro
- Cristina & Nestor Kirchner
- Plan Colombia
- Galapagos Islands
- a Plan Colombia sharply increased US support to the Colombian military and the National Police, bringing with it a wide variety of military and intelligence related hardware and training, all with the goal of assisting the Government of Colombia in their efforts to resist the depredations of narcotics terrorists.
- b Spanish explorer who conquered the Incas in what is now Peru and founded the city of Lima (1475-1541)
- c The current President of Argentina (Cristina). Nestor died last year of heart attack, former president.
- d ...
- e a group of islands in the Pacific off South America; owned by Ecuador; known for unusual animal life where Darwin found the fiches that led him to the theory of evolution
5 Multiple choice questions
- The second largest city in Brazil; it is a major port city and Brazil's former capital
- Won presidential runoff election in Brazil on Oct 31, 2010
- The current President of Peru.
- a shantytown in or near a city, esp. in Brazil; slum area.
- myths, urban living, family, machismo, marianismo
5 True/False questions
Simon Bolivar → the longest river in South America, flowing from the Andes Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean, located primarily across Brazil
FARC → ...
Marianismo → KEY VALUE: The "ideal" traditional Latin American woman who is patient, loving, gentle, and willing to suffer in silence
Alberto Fujimori →
president of Peru who suspended the nation's constitution to crush antigovernment guerillas and engineered his own election before fleeing the country
Taxing Drugs → FARC makes $300 million per year from this