5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Amazon River
- 2,653 miles
- Dilma Roussef
- a Won presidential runoff election in Brazil on Oct 31, 2010
- b length of Chile
- c 1/2 European & 1/2 Indian
- d a shantytown in or near a city, esp. in Brazil; slum area.
- e the longest river in South America, flowing from the Andes Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean, located primarily across Brazil
5 Multiple choice questions
president of Peru who suspended the nation's constitution to crush antigovernment guerillas and engineered his own election before fleeing the country
- current president of Chile
- myths, urban living, family, machismo, marianismo
- KEY VALUE: a social ethic that honored male strength, courage, aggressiveness, assertiveness, and cunning
- State sponsored violence and terrorism in Argentina
5 True/False questions
Plan Colombia → Plan Colombia sharply increased US support to the Colombian military and the National Police, bringing with it a wide variety of military and intelligence related hardware and training, all with the goal of assisting the Government of Colombia in their efforts to resist the depredations of narcotics terrorists.
Lula → ...
Poorest country → President of Ecuador
Nester Kirchner → Former president of Argentina, died Oct 27, 2010
Francisco Pizarro → civilization living in the cities