5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Taxing Drugs
- Plan Colombia
- Galapagos Islands
- Juan & Eva Peron
- a a group of islands in the Pacific off South America; owned by Ecuador; known for unusual animal life where Darwin found the fiches that led him to the theory of evolution
- b FARC makes $300 million per year from this
- c was the second wife of President Juan Perón (1895-1974) and served as the First Lady of Argentina from 1946 until her death in 1952.
- d Poor communities surrounding Venezuela's cities such as in Caracas
- e Plan Colombia sharply increased US support to the Colombian military and the National Police, bringing with it a wide variety of military and intelligence related hardware and training, all with the goal of assisting the Government of Colombia in their efforts to resist the depredations of narcotics terrorists.
5 Multiple choice questions
- KEY VALUE: The "ideal" traditional Latin American woman who is patient, loving, gentle, and willing to suffer in silence
- Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia
- found off the coast, can make them RICH!
- Former military dictator of Paraguay
In 1809, the "Liberator," Simon Bolivar began the battle for independence, and after the Spanish defeat in 1824, Bolivia finally gained its hard-fough freedom in 1825.
5 True/False questions
Francisco Pizarro → Spanish explorer who conquered the Incas in what is now Peru and founded the city of Lima (1475-1541)
Alberto Fujimori → State sponsored violence and terrorism in Argentina
Lula → Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia
2,653 miles → cult leader who founded a colony in Guyana, a suicide-murder spree in a jungle religious commune, founded by Rev. Jim Jones, took the lives of about 900 members of the San Francisco-based People's Temple.
Dilma Roussef → Won presidential runoff election in Brazil on Oct 31, 2010