5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Alan Garcia
- Galapagos Islands
- Easter Island
- Dirty War
- Alberto Fujimori
president of Peru who suspended the nation's constitution to crush antigovernment guerillas and engineered his own election before fleeing the country
- b State sponsored violence and terrorism in Argentina
- c a group of islands in the Pacific off South America; owned by Ecuador; known for unusual animal life where Darwin found the fiches that led him to the theory of evolution
- d The current President of Peru.
ANNEXED 1888 TO CHILE, has hundreds of huge stone statues made of volcanic rock
5 Multiple choice questions
- Spanish explorer who conquered the Incas in what is now Peru and founded the city of Lima (1475-1541)
- The December 2001 riots were a period of civil unrest and rioting in Argentina, which took place during December 2001, with the most violent incidents taking place on December 19 and December 20 in the capital, Buenos Aires.
- size of California but only 6 million. 550,000 live in the Capital of Asuncion. 95% mestizo
- a shantytown in or near a city, esp. in Brazil; slum area.
In 1809, the "Liberator," Simon Bolivar began the battle for independence, and after the Spanish defeat in 1824, Bolivia finally gained its hard-fough freedom in 1825.
5 True/False questions
Plan Colombia → The current President of Peru.
Urbanization of Argentina → size of California but only 6 million. 550,000 live in the Capital of Asuncion. 95% mestizo
Carnival → Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia
Magellan → a shantytown in or near a city, esp. in Brazil; slum area.
Dilma Roussef → cult leader who founded a colony in Guyana, a suicide-murder spree in a jungle religious commune, founded by Rev. Jim Jones, took the lives of about 900 members of the San Francisco-based People's Temple.