← SOUTH AMERICA Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Population of Paraguay
- Simon Bolivar
- Nester Kirchner
- Urban Civilization
In 1809, the "Liberator," Simon Bolivar began the battle for independence, and after the Spanish defeat in 1824, Bolivia finally gained its hard-fough freedom in 1825.
- b size of California but only 6 million. 550,000 live in the Capital of Asuncion. 95% mestizo
- c civilization living in the cities
- d KEY VALUE: The "ideal" traditional Latin American woman who is patient, loving, gentle, and willing to suffer in silence
- e Former president of Argentina, died Oct 27, 2010
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The December 2001 riots were a period of civil unrest and rioting in Argentina, which took place during December 2001, with the most violent incidents taking place on December 19 and December 20 in the capital, Buenos Aires.
- founders of Suriname
- cult leader who founded a colony in Guyana, a suicide-murder spree in a jungle religious commune, founded by Rev. Jim Jones, took the lives of about 900 members of the San Francisco-based People's Temple.
- President of Ecuador
5 True/False Questions
Cristina & Nestor Kirchner → Former president of Argentina, died Oct 27, 2010
Hugo Chavez → the longest river in South America, flowing from the Andes Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean, located primarily across Brazil
Drug Related Violence in Colombia → second leading cause of death in Colombia
Juan Manuel Santos → Colombia
Favelas → He was the first to prove that the new world really was a distinct landmass, separate from Asia. After sailing around the southern tip of South America he sailed westward acrosst he Pacific and reached the Philippine Islands, claiming them for Spain. Killed there.