← Muzzy Pages 16-19 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Aleksei Leonov
- January, 1961
- Yuri Gagarin
- April 12, 1961
- Vostok 1
- a Who made the first extra-vehicular activity, or space walk, outside their aircraft?
- b What month and year did Ham travel into space?
- c What was the name of the capsule that Yuri Gagarin orbited the Earth on?
- d Who was the first human in space?
- e On what day was the first human in space?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What date did Sputnik 1 launch it's first artificial satellite?
- What insect traveled aboard the space shuttle Challenger in April, 1984?
- What was the name of the white rat that the French launched?
- What year did Bruce McCandless make the first space walk using a hand-controlled MMU?
- What was the name of the first chimpanzee astronaut?
5 True/False Questions
Strelka and Belka → What is the name of the first dog that orbited around Earth?
Sputnik 1 → What is the name of the first spaceship to be launched?
Sputnik 2 → What is the name of the spacecraft that Laika was on?
96 minutes → How long was Yuri Gagarin in space before ejecting himself from the capsule and parachuting back to Earth?
1 month → How long did the Soviets beat the US by to place a man in space?