5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Luna 9
- Explorer 1
- a What was the name of the first squirrel monkey in space?
- b What insect traveled aboard the space shuttle Challenger in April, 1984?
- c What must each astronaut carry with them into space?
- d What is the name of the first spacecraft to make a successful landing on the Moon?
- e What was the name of the first American satellite in space?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What was the name of the capsule that Yuri Gagarin orbited the Earth on?
- Did Laika, the first dog to orbit Earth, perish in flight?
- Around how many people have traveled from Earth into space?
- What two nations dominated space exploration?
- What is the name of the first dog that orbited around Earth?
5 True/False questions
January 31, 1958 → On what day was the first American satellite put into space?
cosmonauts → What is the Russians word for astronaut?
Michael Collins, Buzz Aldrin, and Neil Armstrong → Who were the first three astronauts to land on the Moon?
Place a man in space → What was NASA's first goal?
Strelka and Belka → What is the name of the first dog that orbited around Earth?