5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Michael Collins, Buzz Aldrin, and Neil Armstrong
- Manned Maneuvering Unit
- 1 month
- Aleksei Leonov
- a Who were the first three astronauts to land on the Moon?
- b What does "MMU" stand for? The powered backpack that let the astronauts move freely in space.
- c Who made the first extra-vehicular activity, or space walk, outside their aircraft?
- d How long did the Soviets beat the US by to place a man in space?
- e Did Laika, the first dog to orbit Earth, perish in flight?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- On what day was the first human in space?
- What was NASA's first goal?
- What is the name of the first spacecraft to make a successful landing on the Moon?
- How often did the Sputnik 1 artificial satellite orbit the Earth?
- What must each astronaut carry with them into space?
5 True/False Questions
500 → What was the name of the first chimpanzee astronaut?
honeybees → Did Laika, the first dog to orbit Earth, perish in flight?
January 31, 1958 → On what day was the first American satellite put into space?
Gordo → What was the name of the first squirrel monkey in space?
Yuri Gagarin → Who was the first human in space?