5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 1 month
- Michael Collins, Buzz Aldrin, and Neil Armstrong
- a Around how many people have traveled from Earth into space?
- b What was the name of the first squirrel monkey in space?
- c What was the name of the white rat that the French launched?
- d How long did the Soviets beat the US by to place a man in space?
- e Who were the first three astronauts to land on the Moon?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Who was the first human in space?
- What is the name of the spacecraft that Laika was on?
- How often did the Sputnik 1 artificial satellite orbit the Earth?
- What were the names of the first two dogs that returned safely to Earth by parachute in August, 1960?
- What must each astronaut carry with them into space?
5 True/False Questions
Manned Maneuvering Unit → What does "MMU" stand for? The powered backpack that let the astronauts move freely in space.
January, 1961 → On what day was the first American satellite put into space?
Luna 9 → What is the name of the first spacecraft to make a successful landing on the Moon?
January 31, 1958 → On what day was the first American satellite put into space?
Yes → Did Laika, the first dog to orbit Earth, perish in flight?