5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Strelka and Belka
- Explorer 1
- Sputnik 1
- a What was the name of the first chimpanzee astronaut?
- b What is the name of the first spaceship to be launched?
- c Around how many people have traveled from Earth into space?
- d What was the name of the first American satellite in space?
- e What were the names of the first two dogs that returned safely to Earth by parachute in August, 1960?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What must each astronaut carry with them into space?
- Who made the first extra-vehicular activity, or space walk, outside their aircraft?
- Who were the first three astronauts to land on the Moon?
- On what day was the first human in space?
- What was the name of the capsule that Yuri Gagarin orbited the Earth on?
5 True/False Questions
honeybees → What insect traveled aboard the space shuttle Challenger in April, 1984?
October 4, 1957 → What date did Sputnik 1 launch it's first artificial satellite?
National Aeronautics and Space Administration → What two nations dominated space exploration?
Sputnik 2 → What is the name of the first spaceship to be launched?
Gordo → What was the name of the first squirrel monkey in space?