5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- leaving group
- higher, decreases
- allylic halide
- a Which type of alkyl halide goes under SN2 reactions the fastest?
- b pic 3
- c The ____ the energy of activation, the slower the reaction rate. Thus, any factor that increases the Ea _____ the reaction rate.
- d With two nucleophiles, the stronger ____ is the stronger atom.
- e In Nucleophilic Substitution, the electron pair goes with the carbon or leaving group?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The (larger/smaller) carbocation is more stable.
- The electronegative ____ atom pulls electrons from the _____.
- Racemixture occurs in SN__.
- Alkyl halides exhibit these types of interactions (physical properties).
- In this scenario, the mechanism is in one step and rate equation is second order.
5 True/False Questions
(3) Bond making occurs before bond breaking. → This scenario isn't possible because it would cause many atoms to violate the octet rule.
2 → Halogens are often denoted by this symbol.
positive → When a neutral nucleophile is used, the substitution product is ____.
aprotic → In polar ____ solvents, nucleophilicity works the same as basicity.
decreases, increases → Left to right and going down the periodic table, basicity ____ and leaving group ability _____.