5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- (3) Bond making occurs before bond breaking.
- vinyl halide
- nucleophile, base
- a _____ attacks an electron deficient atom, but _____ attacks a proton.
- b This is a measure of how readily an atom donates its electron pair to a proton.
- c pic1
- d This scenario isn't possible because it would cause many atoms to violate the octet rule.
- e Which type of alkyl halide goes under SN1 reactions the fastest?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- SN__ = first order kinetics
- With two nucleophiles, the stronger ____ is the stronger atom.
- Sterically hindered bases that are poor nucleophiles are called ______.
- Both of these have a lone pair or a pi bond.
- Are unreactive counter ions always apparent in chemical reactions?
5 True/False Questions
Increasing → In polar _____ solvents, nucleophilicity works opposite of basicity.
leaving group → In Nucleophilic Substitution, the electron pair goes with the carbon or leaving group?
benzylic halide → pic 3
primary → Which type of alkyl halide goes under SN1 reactions the fastest?
nucleophilicity → _____ attacks an electron deficient atom, but _____ attacks a proton.