5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a compound that releases H+
- b study of atoms and molecules
- c substance that dissolves other things
- d are sugars. main function is energy. TYPES; monosaccharides, polysaccharides, and disaccarides
- e are fats and oils. main function is energy, membrane, and hormones. TYPES; neutral lipid, phospholipid, and steroid
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- items joining w/ each other are called reactants written to the left of areo, products are made and written to right of areo.
- transfer of electrons followed by the joining of two atoms.
- two or more different atoms joined together
- ionic compound that does not contain H or OH
- partical being dissolved
5 True/False Questions
4 types of organic compounds → can stick off the end or embeded in the middle.
hydrogen bonds → attraction between a slightly positive H in one molecule and a slightly negative atom in another molecule
carbon → can form four bonds and can be single, double, or triple. join to itself over and over to form long chains or rings. can have important pieces attached called functional groups
proteins → joining of molecules
molecules → two or more atoms joined together