5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- total war
- maximilien robespierre
- quadruple alliance
- first consul
- a the channeling of a nation's entire resources into a war effort
- b The Jacobin leader who seized control of France in 1793 and eventually went crazy. led the mountain
- c having the same conditions and opportunities as everyone else
- d G.B., Austria, Prussia, and Russia united to defeat France and their Bonapartism, and also to ensure peace after war. After Napoleon, they resotred the Bourbon monarchy to France.
- e Napoleon named this after ousting the Directory; remained this until proclaiming himself emperor; first of three
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- National Convention drafted a new Constitution which called for a 2 house legislature and an executive body of 5 men, known as this
- privileges of lordship that allowed them to tax the peasantry for their own profit
- French provinces that were more "naturally organized"
- a term given to the philosophy of John Locke and other 17th and 18th century advocates of the protection of individual rights and liberties by limiting government power.
- french formed governing body that abolished the constitutional monarchy, declared france a republic and executed louis xvi
5 True/False Questions
constitutional convention → french formed governing body that abolished the constitutional monarchy, declared france a republic and executed louis xvi
satellite kingdoms → victory for france which stopped invading armies, national convention abolishes the monarchy and declares france a republic
treaty of paris of 1783 → Treaty Between England and the Colonies , formally ended the American Revolutionary War
concordat of 1801 → This is the agreement between Pope Pius VII and Napoleon that healed the religious division in France by giving the French Catholics free practice of their religion and Napoleon political power "the majority of frenchmen are catholic"
louis xviii → French monarch who was restored to the throne by the allies after Napoleon was defeated.