Theology Midterm Chapters 2 and 3
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- House Churches
- a non-Jews; considered unclean because they did not follow the strict laws of the Jews
- b scholars who specialize in beautiful handwriting and who were experts in the Jewish Law
- c Eucharistic worship in members' houses
- d minor place of assembly, used our less solemn religious functions. Also used as schools, libraries, and halls of judgment
- e center of Jewish worship in Jerusalem; the only place of sacrifice
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a sign of covenant with God and was essential for Jewish males.
- the Jews scattered throughout the pagan regions of the Roman Empire.
- notion that the emperor was divine, a god himself
- experiences of Jesus Christ spread by word of mouth
- the Roman Empire heavily influenced by the Greek culture
5 True/False Questions
Council of Jerusalem → declared that Gentiles did not have to follow the Jewish Law in order to be Christians.
Canon → Greek word for "rule" or "standard"
Blaspheme → the Jews scattered throughout the pagan regions of the Roman Empire.
Nero → Roman Emperor who persecuted the Christians; Peter and Paul both died during his persecution
Imposing of hands → a sign of the transfer of gifts of the Holy Spirit from the bishop to the faithful