5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- describe 3 things that make water so specail
- Mongooses, diurnal animals similar to weasels and ferrets, were brought into Hawaii by sugar-can growers. The sugar-cane growers hoped that the mongooses would kill the rats that were eating sugar cane at night. Explain why this plan did not work.
- a This plan can not work since mongooses are diarnul and only active durring the day. The mice are nocturtnal so the mongooses can not see them since they will be asleep
- b when animals sleep durring all of winter
- c an animal that is awake during the day and a sleep at night
- d it sticks together, it can cut through metal, and it can turn sunlight into food.
- e to restore or replenish
5 Multiple choice questions
- the arrangement of the parts of a flower in the bud
- the interval in a 24-hour period during which a plant or animal is exposed to light.
- the similarities are that they both come of living organizms and that both the air in there body goes up as water vapor
- it is important because we can not make any moore matter then we have and when it runs out there will be nothing left
- it could help them because it could tell them when they need yo start gatering food so it could create fat on the body for winter
5 True/False questions
groundwater → the water beneath the surface of the ground
4. Describe how grunion are influenced by lunar cycles. → it is formed when lots of water vapor combine together and attche to form a cloud
Describe some external/environmental cues and internal cues that "signal" organisms to anticipate and prepare for environmental changes. → some of the cues would be when the weaher starts to become colder. Aslo the photo period would tell them which is the change in the sunlight
why is there a greater effect if trees are cut down then being burned down → if trees are cut down not as much carbon would come out of them but if you burn it it will release a sink full of carbon
runoff → when water hits a surface that it can not sink into so it slides off