5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Describe some external/environmental cues and internal cues that "signal" organisms to anticipate and prepare for environmental changes.
- why is it important for matter to be recycled in ecosytems
- primary sucsession
- fixed nitrogen
- a nitrogen that has been stuct by lighting or got decomposed by bactiria
- b it is important because we can not make any moore matter then we have and when it runs out there will be nothing left
- c some of the cues would be when the weaher starts to become colder. Aslo the photo period would tell them which is the change in the sunlight
- d an animal that is awake during the day and a sleep at night
- e Primary succession is when plant life occurs in an environment in which new it avoids vegetation and usually lacks soil and kills everything arond it
5 Multiple choice questions
- the water beneath the surface of the ground
- it will take a few days to get used to the the time change and diffrence. Also, it can make you wake uo eirleir, disrupt your sleep patterns and make you feel depresed
- a cycle that occurs over an over again
- a cycle that assures humans fresh water to drink.
- a plant that has little bumps in the bottom that fertalize the soil
5 True/False questions
Mongooses, diurnal animals similar to weasels and ferrets, were brought into Hawaii by sugar-can growers. The sugar-cane growers hoped that the mongooses would kill the rats that were eating sugar cane at night. Explain why this plan did not work. → This plan can not work since mongooses are diarnul and only active durring the day. The mice are nocturtnal so the mongooses can not see them since they will be asleep
tranpiration → oxygen tht is given off by humans or plants and when the cold air meets the hot it turns into vapor
why are the changes in the ecosystem predictable → It assures fresh water for us to drink. It also gets stored in glaciers are up in the atmosphere
explain the hydrological cycle → a cycle that assures humans fresh water to drink.
nocturnal → an animal that is awake at night and a sleep durring the day