← science stuff Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Why would it be important that birds and other animals be "told by their biological clocks" when to migrate?
- free nitrogen
- primary sucsession
- How do biological clocks affect organisms? Give 3 examples of events controlled by a biological clock.
- a Primary succession is when plant life occurs in an environment in which new it avoids vegetation and usually lacks soil and kills everything arond it
- b it is important so that when it starts to snow they can be far out of that place so that they do not freeze to death
- c something that is not usable by most organisms
- d when birds move to a warmer place for winter
- e they effect organisms for three reasons one it tells them when it is time to wake up go to sleep and tell them what to do
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a plant that has little bumps in the bottom that fertalize the soil
- when water hits a surface that it can not sink into so it slides off
- the arrangement of the parts of a flower in the bud
- to restore or replenish
- a sound wave that is sent by nocturnal animals so they do not bump into walls
5 True/False Questions
Describe some external/environmental cues and internal cues that "signal" organisms to anticipate and prepare for environmental changes. → some of the cues would be when the weaher starts to become colder. Aslo the photo period would tell them which is the change in the sunlight
respiration → the arrangement of the parts of a flower in the bud
nocturnal → an animal that is awake during the day and a sleep at night
disturbance → an instance of commotion
infiltrate → to filter into or through permeate.