5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How do biological clocks affect organisms? Give 3 examples of events controlled by a biological clock.
- What is migration? How does migration help organisms survive?
- Describe some external/environmental cues and internal cues that "signal" organisms to anticipate and prepare for environmental changes.
- pioneer species
- ecological sucsesion
- a it helps them survive because when it gets really cold out birds do not have anough feathers to keep them warm so thats why they always go to a warmer place durring the winter
- b some of the cues would be when the weaher starts to become colder. Aslo the photo period would tell them which is the change in the sunlight
- c Ecological succession describes the natural changes that occur in ecosystems.
- d they effect organisms for three reasons one it tells them when it is time to wake up go to sleep and tell them what to do
- e pioneer species is when mosses and lichen plus algae and fungus plus other abiotic factors like wind and water start to "normalize" the habitat and break it down
5 Multiple choice questions
- it occurs most rapidly because there is less to burn down
- when birds move to a warmer place for winter
- when water hits a surface that it can not sink into so it slides off
- they are predictable because that same thing has happened before or they studied taht place for a lon time
- the water beneath the surface of the ground
5 True/False questions
3. How might changing from daylight savings time affect our biological clocks? → it helps them survive because when it gets really cold out birds do not have anough feathers to keep them warm so thats why they always go to a warmer place durring the winter
secondary sucsesion → secondary succession occurs on subtance sthat previously supported vegetation before disturbed
rythem → a cycle that occurs over an over again
Why would it be important that birds and other animals be "told by their biological clocks" when to migrate? → it is important so that when it starts to snow they can be far out of that place so that they do not freeze to death
annual plants → An annual plant is a seasonal plant as it survives for only a season or year