5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Sub arachnoid
- a A structure of layers that cover and protect the brain and spinal cord.
- b spaces, areas
- c the highly convoluted area on the surface of the cerebrum, includes gyri, sulci. made of gray matter and consists of 6 layers. 2.5 square feet if spread out. Has 14 billion cells
- d increased water of the brain. People with Hydrocephaly generate a lot of fluid and their system does not recycle or use it.
- e Space at the bottom of the arachnoid that actually contains the cerebral spinal fluid CSF. Sub means below.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- vertically oriented. Primary motor cortex.
- the 2nd layer of Meninges. Thin and a non vascular membrane. Located between sub-dural matter and sub arachnoid.
- 1 of the 3 vesicles of the new embryo at 4th-5th week. Makes the hindbrain.
- positioned anterior to central sulcus.
- Inability to smell. Usually if there is damage to the frontal olfactory tract or olfactory bulb.
5 True/False Questions
Prosencephalon → 1 of the 3 vesicles of the new embryo at the 4th - 5th week. Makes the midbrain.
Olfactory tract → an area made by gray matter. Inferior aspect of frontal lobe. a bundle of olfactory fibers which travel from the olfactory nerve to the olfactory bulb.
Corpus callosm → A ________ exists on the Primary motor cortex/Precentral gyrus. Maps out the location of motor activity. Positioned anterior.
7 layers protecting the brain → 1. Skull
3. Dural matter
4. Sub Dural
6. Sub Arachnoid (CSF-cerebral spinal fluid)
7. Pia matter
Then the brain. So the brain is well protected!
Neuron doctrine → (Dr. Cajal) each neuron is a separate and and independent cell.