5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Sir Isaac Newton
- a Lived from 1642-1727
He preferred to work alone and he was responsible.
He studied gravity and physics.
Falling Apples-As he sat in the garden of his home, he watched an apple fall to the ground and pondered about the force that brought it down.
- b Energy is removed from, or taken out of , the substance as it changes state.
liquid to solid (freezing)
gas to liquid (condensation)
- c meters (m)
- d is mass per unit volume.
(An objects density is the amount of matter it has in a given space)
- e any material that can flow and that takes the shape of its container. They include liquids and gases. They are able to flow because the particles can move easily past each other.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the change of state from a liquid to a solid. Reverse of melting, so freezing and melting occur at the same temperature. Melting Pt temperature=Freezing Pt.temperature
- Solid, Liquid, Gas and Plasma
- is the change of state from a liquid to a gas. Boiling is vaporization that occurs throughout a liquid.
- is the upward force that fluids exert on all matter. Is caused by differences in fluid pressure. Fluid pressure increases as depth increases.
- The rate at which an object moves
Average Speed = total distance/total time
5 True/False Questions
Archimedes' Principle → states that the buoyant force on an object in a fluid is equal to the weight of the volume of fluid that the object displaces.
Pascal's Principle → states that as the speed of a moving fluid increases, its pressure decreases.
ex: a frisbee-the air above the frisbee is moving faster than the air below the frisbee, increased pressure below exerts an upward force, pushing the frisbee up
ex: airplane. Air pressure against the wing of the plane. same for birds.
Variable → a factor that changes in an experiment in order to test a hypothesis.
Volume → V=Area x Height
(area = length x width)
Temperature → is the measure of how hot (or cold) something is.