5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- People who used cleverness to distort of manipulate reality using argument
- 20 provinces each under a satrap
- Learned quickly, could add vowels to use in communication without needing to memorize
- They built oracles and made sacrifices
- In search for gold and trade products, Black Sea, Jason, Herculues, Orpheus
- a What was the purpose of the voyage of the Argo? Who were the participants? When did it take place?
- b Who were the sophists?
- c Why was the Phoencian alphabet so beneficial to the Greeks?
- d What was the Persian approach to ruling diverse peoples?
- e How did the Greeks communicate with their deities?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What was the greatest Hellenistic city?
- Why unified Iran?
- How did the Peloponnesian war reveal a flaw in the city-state idea?
- Characterize the Persian women of the elite class.
- Why were coins significant?
5 True/False Questions
Athens and Sparta cam out as major powers, Persia never threatens Greeks away → What were the results of the Persian war?
Value on uniqueness, talents of the individual → What were the characteristics of humanism?
Sophocles, Euripedes, Aristophanes, Esceles, Sapho, Archilocus → List Greek writers and their works.
Access to foreign markers, cultural features that emerged, trade connection → Why did Greece prosper through resource poor?
Taurus, Caucasus, Zagros, Mediterranean → What were geographical factors in Iran?