5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- angular magnification
- law of reflection
- nearsighted (myopic)
- a The angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflection.
- b The ratio of the image height the the object height.
- c The time required for complete up/down cycle, just as it is for an object vibrating on a spring.
- d A type of person who can focus on nearby objects but cannot clearly see object far away.
- e The angular size of the final image (theta') produced by the instrument divided by a reference angular size (theta).
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The angle of incidence where the angle of refraction is 90 degrees.
- A wave that can travel through space or matter and consists of changing electric and magnetic fields.
- If the direction of a light ray is reversed, the light retraces its original path.
- What occurs because the index of refraction of the material from which the lens is made varies with wavelength.
- Radial lines pointing outward from the source and perpendicular to the wave fronts.
5 True/False Questions
diffraction → The change in direction of a propagating wave (light or sound) when passing from one medium to another.
refraction → The bending of waves around obstacles or the edges of an opening.
near point → The location of the farthest object on which the fully relaxed eye can focus.
convex mirror → A part of a spherical mirror where the inside surface is polished.
electromagnetic spectrum → What occurs because the index of refraction of the material from which the lens is made varies with wavelength.