4 Written Questions
3 Multiple Choice Questions
- No fasting required. 50g glucose load. Between 24-28 weeks gestation. If FPG >125mg/dL then GDM confirmed. If Peak plasma or 2hr glucose value >200mg/dL then GDM confirmed.
- - Fasting plasma glucose (FPG): 126 mg/dL or higher
- Plasma glucose 2 hr after 75 g glucose load (2hr PG): 200 mg/dL or higher
- A casual/random plasma glucose (PG) of 200 mg/dL or higher
- Confirmation is not required if the patient presents with either a hyperosmolar or ketotic crisis. The criteria apply to both adult and pediatric patients.
- Performed in place of OGTT (Oral Glucose Tolerance Test). For patients w/ poor absorption of orally administered glucose. [May have a glucose transporter problem in GI tract].
3 True/False Questions
-Line 1 is a normal response. What is Line 2 showing?
-Line 1 is normal response. What is line 3 showing?
-Line 1 is normal. What is line 4 showing? →
-Impaired Glucose Tolerance (IGT). Glucose level rises higher than 140 but is less than 200.
-Impaired Fasting Glucose (IFG).
Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT) → Performed in place of OGTT (Oral Glucose Tolerance Test). For patients w/ poor absorption of orally administered glucose. [May have a glucose transporter problem in GI tract].
Casual (Random) Plasma Glucose (RPG) Assay → Fast for at least 8hrs. FPG result less than 110 mg/dL is normal, between 110 and 125 mg/dL imply impaired fasting glucose (IFG), values greater than or equal to 126 mg/dL indicate DM.