5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a One sensory experience described in terms of another sensory experience.
- b Work that imitates another work in order to ridicule or ironically comment-similar to satire
- c A story of the exploits of a hero, or the story of a family told through several generations
- d Apparently true statement that leads to a contradiction/situation that defies intuition-seems contradictory but is not
- e The comparison of two things using like or as
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Also called the Resolution, the ___________ is the point in a drama to which the entire play has been leading
- Doubtfulness or uncertainty of meaning or intention
- In literature generally, a major work dealing with an important theme. E.G. "The Odyssey"
- True to fact; not exaggerated; actual or factual
- Evokes one of the five sense
5 True/False Questions
Epigram → A short poem with a clever twist at the end or a concise or witty statement
Tone → A work's mood
Quatrain → Words or expressions used by a particular group or profession; nonsensical, incoherent, or meaningless talk
Characterization → When something nonhuman is given human characteristics
Allegory → A symbolical narrative; representing the abstract through the concrete.