5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Recessive Trait
- Sex Chromosome
- a An iron-containing protein in red blood cells that reversibly binds oxygen
- b A condition that appears only in individuals who have received two copies of a mutant gene, one copy from each parent
- c One of the pair of chromosomes responsible for determining the sex of an individual
- d The polypeptide chain of hemoglobin that is designated alpha.
- e The prospect of survival and recovery from a disease as anticipated from the usual course of that disease or indicated by special features of the case
5 Multiple choice questions
- A condition in which the blood is deficient in red blood cells, in hemoglobin, or in total volume.
- An organic moelcule possessing both carboxyl and amino groups, serve as the monomers of proteins
- An inherited characteristic
- Deformed red blood cells that can lead to numerous symptoms and caused by a genetic mutation in the hemoglobin protein
- A secondary disease or condition that develops in the course of a primary disease or condition and arises either as a result of it or from independent causes
5 True/False questions
Chromosome → One of the pair of chromosomes responsible for determining the sex of an individual
Autosome → A chromosome that is not directly involved in determining sex, as opposed to sex chromosome
Pedigree → A diagram of a family tree showing the occurrence of heritable characters in parents and offspring over multiple generations
Beta-globin → The polypeptide chain of hemoglobin that is designated alpha.
Symptom → Subjective evidence of disease or physical disturbance observed by the patient