5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 753 bc
- marc antony
- a Ruled the east while Octavian ruled the west. Defeated by Octavian because the greek senate declared war on them due to Octavians supporting words. Committed suicide with Cleopatra after seeing no escape
- b In ancient Rome, an official elected by the plebeians to protect their rights.
- c a vote that blocks a decision
- d the founding of Rome
- e the naval battle in which Antony and Cleopatra were defeated by Octavian's fleet under Agrippa in 31 BC
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Members of the lower class of Ancient Rome including farmers, merchants, artisans and traders
- brothers who tried to reform the Roman Empire by giving back Latifundias to the small farmers but were assassinated
- He was the Roman statesman who hated Carthage and started the Third Punic War
- a Roman general who was elected consul seven times- he is known for the big changes he made to the Roman army, making it easier for men to be Roman soldiers
- the path of honor, to move up a level in the political sense
5 True/False Questions
dictator → In ancient Rome, a political leader given absolute power to make laws and command the army for a limited time.
senate → In ancient Rome, the supreme governing body, originally made up only of aristocrats.
imperium → a Roman general who was elected consul seven times- he is known for the big changes he made to the Roman army, making it easier for men to be Roman soldiers
1st triumvirate → present in Rome began in 43 BC. It was comprised of Octavian, an experienced general Marc Antony, and a powerful politician Lepidus. They ruled for ten years until their alliance ended in jealousy and violence.
augustus → General who defeated Spartacus. Crucified 6,600 slaves on the Alpennine way. He later served in the First Triumvirate.