5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Cultural Revitalization
- Pop Culture
- Digital Divide
- a The process of reaffirming and promoting people's individual and collective cultural identity.
- b The gap that separates people who do and do not have access to up-to-date digital technology.
- c Current cultural trends that are spread by commercial mass media.
- d Refers to being separated from the rest of the society, forced to occupy the fringes and edges and not to be at the centre of things.
- e The process by which the world's citizens are becoming increasingly connected and interdepentent
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The spread of culture, trends, customs and practices around the world.
- The idea that things that happen at a global level affect things at a local level.
- A process that occurs when the culture of a minority group is absorbed by another culture. The cultural identity of the minority group disappears as its members take on the identity of the other culture.
- Ideas and information spread for the purpose of achieving a specific goal.
- The use of electronic technology to integrate media such as newspapers, books, TV and the internet.
5 True/False Questions
Stereotyping → A business strategy that involves reducing costs by using suppliers of products and services in countries where labour is cheaper and government regulation may be less strict.
Transnational Corporation → Refers to being separated from the rest of the society, forced to occupy the fringes and edges and not to be at the centre of things.
Personal Identity → The persisting distinct personality of an individual.
Collective Identity → Refers to an individuals' sense of belonging to a group.
Accommodation → The cultural changes that occur when two cultures accommodate, or adapt to, each other's worldviews.