5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Transnational Corporation
- a Drawing a conclusion based on too little information
- b The spread of culture, trends, customs and practices around the world.
- c A company that is based in one country while developing and manufacturing its products, or delivering its goods and services, in more than one country.
- d The combining of elements of two or more different things to create something new.
- e A business strategy that involves reducing costs by using suppliers of products and services in countries where labour is cheaper and government regulation may be less strict.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The idea that things that happen at a global level affect things at a local level.
- The process of reaffirming and promoting people's individual and collective cultural identity.
- Refers to an individuals' sense of belonging to a group.
- The use of electronic technology to integrate media such as newspapers, books, TV and the internet.
- The process by which the world's citizens are becoming increasingly connected and interdepentent
5 True/False questions
Accommodation → The cultural changes that occur when two cultures accommodate, or adapt to, each other's worldviews.
Acculturation → A process that occurs when people from different cultures come into contact and accept and create space for one another. The customs, traditions, technologies, beliefs and languages of bothe cultures may be affected.
Homogenization → The erasing of differences. When this term is applied to people, it often refers to the erasing of cultural differences so that peoples become more and more similar.
Digital Divide → Refers to being separated from the rest of the society, forced to occupy the fringes and edges and not to be at the centre of things.
Stereotyping → A business strategy that involves reducing costs by using suppliers of products and services in countries where labour is cheaper and government regulation may be less strict.