5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pop Culture
- a The process by which the world's citizens are becoming increasingly connected and interdepentent
- b A process that occurs when people from different cultures come into contact and accept and create space for one another. The customs, traditions, technologies, beliefs and languages of bothe cultures may be affected.
- c The cultural changes that occur when two cultures accommodate, or adapt to, each other's worldviews.
- d A process that occurs when the culture of a minority group is absorbed by another culture. The cultural identity of the minority group disappears as its members take on the identity of the other culture.
- e Current cultural trends that are spread by commercial mass media.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The use of electronic technology to integrate media such as newspapers, books, TV and the internet.
- The gathering of ownership of newspapers and other media in the hands of a few large corporations.
- Placing people in categories according to preconcieved beliefs about how members of a particular group think or behave.
- The combining of elements of two or more different things to create something new.
- The erasing of differences. When this term is applied to people, it often refers to the erasing of cultural differences so that peoples become more and more similar.
5 True/False questions
Transnational Corporation → A company that is based in one country while developing and manufacturing its products, or delivering its goods and services, in more than one country.
Propaganda → Ideas and information spread for the purpose of achieving a specific goal.
Cultural Revitalization → The process of reaffirming and promoting people's individual and collective cultural identity.
Digital Divide → The gap that separates people who do and do not have access to up-to-date digital technology.
Personal Identity → The persisting distinct personality of an individual.