5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Small Intestine
- a burning pain in the chest occurring when part of the stomach contents escapes into the esophagus
- b fingerlike projections of the small intestinal mucosa that tremendously increase its surface area for absorption.
- c an accumulation of bile pigments in the blood producing a yellow color of the skin.
- d a rounded mass of food prepared by the mouth for swallowing.
- e Digestive organ where most chemical digestion and absorption of food takes place, Digestion and absorption of food occurs in the small intestine. Here, food is acted on by various enzymes from the small intestine and pancreas and by bile from the liver.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A large solid organ that lies in the right upper quadrant immediately below the diaphragm; it produces bile, stores glucose for immediate use by the body, and produces many substances that help regulate immune responses., Breaks down toxins, such as alcohol and processes nutrients into forms easier for the rest of your body to use.
- Inflammation of the liver
- the sac beneath the right lobe of the liver used for bile storage.
- Glands of the mouth that produce saliva, a digestive secretion
- A polymer (chain) of many amino acids linked together by peptide bonds.
5 True/False questions
Diarrhea → the main nitrogen-containing waste excreted in the urine
Ulcer → the main nitrogen-containing waste excreted in the urine
chyme → Partially digested, semiliquid food mixed with digestive enzymes and acids in the stomach.
Diverticulosis → Abnormal condition of small pouches in the lining of the intestines.
Gastric gland → Glands of the mouth that produce saliva, a digestive secretion