5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Legislative Branch
- Unicameral Legislature
- Plessy vs Ferguson
- a is a court order that prevents a party from performing a specific act.
- b the branch of government that makes the laws. Congress.
- c segergation based on race was legal as long as the facilities were of equal quality.
- d a political system in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them
- e a legislature with one chamber
5 Multiple choice questions
- uses supply and demand. People decide what they want to do.
- segergation was declared unconstitutional.
- The 1st president of the Republican party
- A law making body made of two houses (bi means 2). Example: Congress (our legislature) is made of two house - The House of Representatives and The Senate.
- programs intended to make up for past discrimination by helping minority groups and women gain access to jobs and opportunities
5 True/False questions
McCulloch Vs Maryland → congress has implied powers and the constitution is the supreme law of the land.
Confederation → a joining of several groups for a common purpose. loose alliance of states.
The Great Compromise → a form of government in which powers are divided between a central government and several local governments. regulates commerce and sets citizenship laws.
the Articles of Confederation → a joining of several groups for a common purpose. loose alliance of states.
State Supreme Courts → were created to handle some of the case load.