← GOV EOC Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The Department of Defense
- Judicial Review
- Unitary government
- National Supreme Court
- a Runs the military
- b the power of the Supreme Court to declare laws and actions of local, state, or national governments unconstitutional. Marbury vs Madison.
- c a centralized government in which all government powers belong to a single central agency
- d Final say of matters
- e a political system in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- were created to handle some of the case load.
- government free from external control. ultimate power.
- a form of government in which the executive and legislative branches of the government are separate, independent, and coequal
- headed by the national security advisor, who has direct access to the president in matters relating to military and foreign
- a joining of several groups for a common purpose. loose alliance of states.
5 True/False Questions
Congressional Committees → powers that congress has that are specifically listed in the constitution
Executive Branch → the branch of the United States government that is responsible for carrying out and enforcing the laws.
The Enlightenment Writers → Helped encourage the revolution. Locke, Harrington, Hobbes, Rowsseau. Pro USA
federalist papers → a system in which power is divided between the national and state governments. Share Powers.
Government Corporations → a business that the federal government runs. Ex: post office