5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Freedom of Press
- The Enlightenment Writers
- Regulation of Interstate Commerce
- communist government
- Appellate Cases
- a The right of journalists to publish the truth without restriction or penalty
- b are cases tried in lower courts then appealed in a higher court
- c government decides everything. the party preselects candidates, often there is one single person running for elections.
- d Implied power of congress under the commerce clause in the constitution
- e Helped encourage the revolution. Locke, Harrington, Hobbes, Rowsseau. Pro USA
5 Multiple choice questions
- There are many levels of court. we will have a court under the consitution.
- persons appointed by a head of state to head executive departments of government and act as official advisers
- The branch of government that interprets laws and settles disputes.
- This elite group was made of 55 men considered to be of high stature and education. When they met in Philadelphia, unanimously, they decided there was need for a stronger central government. Believed that people weren't smart enough to govern themselves.
- A system of government in which citizens elect representatives, or leaders, to make decisions about the laws for all the people.
5 True/False questions
direct democracy → A system of government in which citizens elect representatives, or leaders, to make decisions about the laws for all the people.
Opperation Iraqi Freedom → USA believed that they had weapons of mass destruction that were a threat to the united states.
UN the General Assembly → People who feared the Constitution, thinking it gave too much power to the Federal Government. Worried that it lacked a bill of rights.
The Establishment Clause → Government cant set a certain religion.
federalist papers → powers that congress has that are specifically listed in the constitution