5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Malthusian Theory
- geometric boundaries
- dependency ratio
- a part of one state that is completely surrounded by another state
- b the amount of people in a population under th age of 15
- c straight line borders
- d population will eventually outstrip the food supply
- e currency of the European Union
5 Multiple choice questions
- because of pressure e.g. from ethnic groups, power is drawn from the center to localities
- physical separation of different races into separate geographic areas; separate is never equal (Brown v. Board 1954)
- states that do not expand their land area would disintegrate like an organism that fails to find food.
- long and thin states w/poor communication
- importance expressed by Alfred Mahan and agreed with by Theodore Roosevelt; what is the Great White Fleet
5 True/False questions
agricultural density → number of people supported by a unit area of arable land; land that can be used to grow stuff, like beets, "right Tinky Winky?"
colonialism → control a territory that is already inhabited
decolonization → control of territory previously unoccupied. "yea right", -Chief Buffalohead
state → group of people with common ethnic and poltical identity, or cultural centrepetal force like a football team. Go Gators!
antecedent boundaries → natural boundaries long before the areas became populated; think Himalayas