← Mr. Durr APHuG Test
Mr. Durr APHuG
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- perforated state
- physiological density
- Ravenstein's Laws
- Ratzel's "organic theory"
- a migrants tend to be younger, single, and male
- b number of people supported by a unit area of arable land; land that can be used to grow stuff, like beets, "right Tinky Winky?"
- c systematic use of violence by a group in order to intimidate a population or coerce a government into granting its demands
- d states that do not expand their land area would disintegrate like an organism that fails to find food.
- e within these states there is another state that is completely surrounded by them.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- currency of the European Union
- an enclave state
- land of the state is separated by by water or another country. "take me to Chocolate Hills please"
- how soccer became a globalized sport
- natural boundaries long before the areas became populated; think Himalayas
5 True/False Questions
Indo-European → world's most commonly spoken language family, Go West Germanic!"
nation → group of people with common ethnic and poltical identity, or cultural centrepetal force like a football team. Go Gators!
state → ara organized into a political unit and ruled by an established government
boundaries → limits of the state
BRP → dialect associated with upper class Britons