5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Alexander the Great
- a Sculptors-Depicted what the human body should look like. Made The Discus Thrower.
- b Playwright-He used to be a general. Wrote tragedies with courage and compassion. He wrote Oedipus Rex.
- c Scientist-Called Father of Medicine. Found out that the body could heal itself. Diagnosed and treated illneses all over Greece. Advocated proper hygeine. Modern day doctors recite the Hippocratic oath when they recieve their medical degree.
- d Playwright-He wrote tragedies. His plays weren't for the gods. He wrote The Trojan Women.
- e Leader-Son of Philip II and Olympia. Wanted to combine Macedonian,Greek, and Persian culture. Ambitious after controlling Persia, he went all the way to the Indus river in India but his veteran soldiers didn't want to continue. He was tutored by Aristotle. Died at age 33 due to Malaria.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Philip II wanted to build a strong army, unify the Greek poleis, and destroy Persia. Alexander Wanted to unite Europe and Asia, Greece and Persia. Philip II used Greek-style Phalanxes. He also, Conqured poleis, married daughters of important people, and bribed leaders into getting control of the poleis. Alexander the Great conquered Greece and took over Persia. He adopted Persian customs and even wore persian clothing.
- Book-Written by Plato. Showed what an ideal government should look like.
- Leader-Held hostage in Thebes in his childhood. Wanted to have stronger army, unite Greek poleis and destroy Persia. Killed by a Persian agent or an Assasin from his first wife Olympia. He was the father of Alexander the great.
- Herodotus gave supernatral explanations while Thucydides only recited facts. Herodotus gave the information that was not entirely true and sometimes exagerated. Thucydides only took eye witnesses and factual information.
- Everybody was happy. Work was concentrated in cities. Sea trading was big. Emotional art was popularizing as well as science and math. People went to more comedic plays than tregic ones. Women had much more freedom. Famous philosophers came to light during the Hellenistic Age. Streets were like grids. Everybody was in it for themselves, it was a free-for-all.
5 True/False Questions
Thucydides → Playwright-He wrote tragedies. His plays weren't for the gods. He wrote The Trojan Women.
Parthenon → Statue-Made by Phidias. To symbolize the deity living in the Parthenon.
Persia → The country that launched many attacks on Greece.
Phidias → Sculptors-Made powerful sculptures like the Athena in the Parthenon.
Aristophanes → Philosopher-School called Lyceum. Taught the Golden Mean-Not living in extremes. Developed Syllogism-Presenting an argument in a way that one can determine whether or not the conclusion follows from basic statements.