← AP Psych Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Emotional Intelligence
- Savant Syndrome
- Achievement Test
- Intelligence Quotient
- a the behavior that a test is designed to predict
- b a test designed to assess what a person has learned
- c the ability to perceive, understand, manage, and use emotions
- d a condition in which a person otherwise limited in mental ability has an exceptional specific skill, such as in computation or drawing
- e defined originally as the ratio of mental age (ma) to chronological age (ca) multiplied by 100 (thus, IQ = ma/ca × 100). On contemporary intelligence tests, the average performance for a given age is assigned a score of 100.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The success with which a test predicts the behavior it is designed to predict; it is assessed by computing the correlation between test scores and the criterion behavior.
- the widely used American revision of Binet's original intelligence test
- A condition of retardation and associated physical disorders caused by an extra chromosome in one's genetic makeup
- a general intelligence factor that according to Spearman and others underlies specific mental abilities and is therefore measured by every task on an intelligence test.
- mental quality consisting of the ability to learn from experience, solve problems, and use knowledge to adapt to new situations
5 True/False Questions
Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale → is the most widely used intelligence test; contains verbal and performance (nonverbal) subtests.
Stereotype Threat → a self-confirming concern that one will be evaluated based on a negative stereotype
Validity → the ability to produce novel and valuable ideas
Mental Age → a measure of intelligence test performance devised by Binet; the chronological age that most typically corresponds to a given level of performance
Intelligence test → defined originally as the ratio of mental age (ma) to chronological age (ca) multiplied by 100 (thus, IQ = ma/ca × 100). On contemporary intelligence tests, the average performance for a given age is assigned a score of 100.