5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Savant Syndrome
- Emotional Intelligence
- Normal Curve
- General intelligence
- a the extent to which a test yields consistent results, as assessed by the consistency of scores on two halves of the test, on alternate forms of the test, or on retesting
- b a condition in which a person otherwise limited in mental ability has an exceptional specific skill, such as in computation or drawing
- c the symmetrical bell-shaped curve that describes the distribution of many physical and psychological attributes. Most scores fall near the average, and fewer and fewer scores lie near the extremes.
- d a general intelligence factor that according to Spearman and others underlies specific mental abilities and is therefore measured by every task on an intelligence test.
- e the ability to perceive, understand, manage, and use emotions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a self-confirming concern that one will be evaluated based on a negative stereotype
- a condition of limited mental ability, indicated by an intelligence score of 70 or below and difficulty in adapting to the demands of life; varies from mild to profound
- the behavior that a test is designed to predict
- is the most widely used intelligence test; contains verbal and performance (nonverbal) subtests.
- mental quality consisting of the ability to learn from experience, solve problems, and use knowledge to adapt to new situations
5 True/False Questions
Content Validity → the extent to which a test samples the behavior that is of interest
Intelligence Quotient → a method for assessing an individual's mental aptitudes and comparing them with those of others, using numerical scores
Down Syndrome → a condition in which a person otherwise limited in mental ability has an exceptional specific skill, such as in computation or drawing
Intelligence test → mental quality consisting of the ability to learn from experience, solve problems, and use knowledge to adapt to new situations
Creativity → the ability to produce novel and valuable ideas