← Computer Vocab Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- USB Flash Drive
- a Compact Disk Rewriteable optical disc format which can be written roughly 1000 times.
- b A programmable electronic machine that performs highspeed mathematical or logical operations or that assembles, stores, correlates, or otherwise processes information.
- c The part of a computer that does most of the data processing; the brain of the computer; a micro processer chip.
- d consists of pictures, called icons, which show files, folders, and any resource available to a user
- e NAND type flash memory data storage devices integrated with a USB interface. They are typically small, lightweight, removable, and rewriteable.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- legal protection to an author from unauthorized use of his work.
- The buying and selling of goods and services through computer connections.
- an internal or external storage device used with a computer system to store and retrieve data usually called the 'C' drive.
- An all encompassing term generally used to refer to computer-enhanced learning
- a process that reads file segments form non contiguous sections of a storage device and then writes the files to the same device so that each file segment is contiguous with the preceding and following segments. When storage devices have files deleted, the unused space is available for future storage.
5 True/False Questions
Disk Drive → A device that reads data stored on a magnetic or optical disk and writes data onto the disk for storage.
Icon → a graphical symbol (usually a simple picture) that dominates a program or a command that can be accessed by clicking the mouse.
CdRom → Compact Disk. Read Only Memory. a flat metallic disk that contains a large amount of permanently stored info read optically.
Hacking → a graphical symbol (usually a simple picture) that dominates a program or a command that can be accessed by clicking the mouse.
Disk → A memory device consisting of a flat disk covered with a magnetic coating on which info is stored.