5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- To perceive a problem is to
- To spurn something is to
- To covet a position is
- a I _____________ their offer of help because there were too many conditions attached to it.
- b become aware of it.
- c to want it very badly.
- d refuse it scornfully.
- e The __________ bride wants to have a June wedding.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- I was (deeply affected emotionally) by my friends' generosity.
- The collapse of Communism ended the seventy-year (weighing down by force) of the Russian people.
- The governor was mentioned as a (person who might be nominated as a) member of the Supreme Court.
- The cattle ranchers ___________the lush pastures where the shepherds grazed their flocks.
- Alcohol distorts our (ability to obtain a clear picture) of what is happening around us.
5 True/False Questions
bigotry → Over the years, the United States has passed laws in an attempt to combat (intolerant attutudes directed against those who belong to different racial or ethnic groups).
A momentous victory is → one that stands out from all others.
To be acclaimed is to → receive high praise.
formidable → The problems we face are (very difficult and will not be solved easily).
deceased → I __________ a figure in the distance but could not make out who it was.