5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Natural Law
- a _______ sculptured a famous marble statue of David.
- b a universal moral law that can be understood by applying reason, first proposed in the 1600s
- c _______ was the first sculptor since ancient times to cast a statue in bronze.
- d The word Jihad literally means ____
- e A document issued by a pope that bans church men from paying taxes to temporal rulers and proclaimed the sovereignty of the chruch
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Pope is elected by a gathering of these high Church officials known as ...
- The spice trade was controlled in Asia and Europe by _______ and _______ merchants.
- A tract of land
- A _______ is a calling to serve God.
- Spartan life revolved around the ...
5 True/False questions
Enlightened Despot → He was nicknamed the "divine" by some of his admirers.
Flagellant → This form of literature is known as _____
Elizabeth → When Roman magistrates retired they became members of the _______.
Helots → People taken prisoner by the Spartans were known as ...
Hippocrates → He is considered the "Father of Modern Medicine"