5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Tigris, Euphrates
- Council of Trent
- Venice, Genoa
- a In Greece, boys added the art of public speaking or _______ to their studies.
- b The earliest cities that archaeologists have discovered lie in the valley of the _______ river and ________ river.
- c Italian cities such as _______ and _______ became prosperous as a result of increased trade.
- d A traditional story used by the priesthood to record how life was during these times was a _______
- e Pope Paul III organized a council of bishops in 1545 which became known as the ....
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- During this period a new style of art and music called baroque was founded.
- The majority of Rome's inhabitants were
- The most important alloy discovered by people of this era (very beginning of civ.) was .....
- Mysterious group of people who ruled Northern Italy
- Francis Bacon, and English philosopher, believed that the truth only resulted from using the ...
5 True/False Questions
Enlightened Despot → a monarch with absolute power who uses it to improve society
3 Field System → This Greek philosopher founded "zoology"
Land Between the Rivers → These hired soldiers were known as _______.
Illiad, Odyssey → The name of the 2 most famous Greek epics are _______ and the _______
muslims in spain → Who were the Moors?