5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pope Urban II
- English Channel
- a Roman magistrates who interpreted the law were known as _______.
- b The majority of Rome's inhabitants were ...
- c At Clermont France, _______ called for the First Crusade.
- d non-religious
- e For security, the English relied on the _______ to protect their island from European invaders.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Means "God Wills It"
- After decades of struggle the Romans finally agreed to engrave the law onto bronze tablets known as the .....
- Name the 4 countries that make up Scandinavia
- Mysterious group of people who ruled Northern Italy
- Renaissance movement influenced by ancient Greek and Roman literature that emphasized nonreligious concerns.
5 True/False questions
Forum → Roman law was displayed to the public in the ...
Artisan → Church ceremonies, masses, were said in _______ a language that few people understood.
Rhetoric → A community that elects its leaders is known as a ....
Humanists → During the Middle Ages the Economic system was known as .....
Vesuvious → poking fun at current problems and weaknesses in society