5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- pope gregory VII
- two large moslem cities in spain
- a cornada, granada
- b breakout in eurpow, desease caused by rats and flees
- c banned investiture, gregorian chant
- d court for heritics started by ferdinand and isabella.
- e attempt by spanish christioans to get out jews and muslims out of spain
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- signs magna carta in 1215. he is english king. he was excommunicated. Magna Carta reduced or limited power.
- Expand power of courts. created circuit courts. common law. jury system.
- a legal system based on custom and court rulings
- paid officials. loyalty to king. increased royal income. created royal treasury called the exchequer to collect taxes..... effort to extend royal power led to church dispute... feuded with thomas a'beckett the archbishop of canterbury over taxes. eventurally he has thomas killed
- an english oxford professor. attacked church corruption. biblle, not church was source of all truth. translated bible to english. said sacraments were unnecessary.
5 True/False Questions
another name for 30 years war → war of roses
exchequer → breakout in eurpow, desease caused by rats and flees
three french estates → first-clergy. second- nobility and parish priest. third- bourgeoise townspeople, peasants
limited monarchy → queens and kings dont have all the power
investiture → court for heritics started by ferdinand and isabella.