← Chapter 7 Biology Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- cell theory
- organ system
- a group of similar cells that perform a particular function.
- b group of tissues that work together to perform closely related functions.
- c diffusion of water through a selectively permeable membrane.
- d group of organs that work together to perform a specific function.
- e idea that all living things are composed of cells, cells are the basic units of stucture and function in living things, and new cells are produced from existing cells.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- granular material visible within the nucleus; consists of DNA tightly coiled around proteins.
- cell organelle that stores materials such as water, salts, proteins, and carbohydrates.
- thin, flexible barrier around a cell; regulates what enters and leaves the cell.
- process in which extensions of cytoplasm surround and engulf larger particles and take them into the cell.
- the center of the atom which contains the protons and neutrons; in cells, structure that contains the cell's genetic material (DNA) and controls the cell's activities.
5 True/False Questions
cytoskeleton → material inside the cell membrane--not including the nucleus.
lipid bilayer → double-layered sheet that forms the core of nearly all cell membranes.
hypotonic → when comparting two solutions, the solution with the lesser concentration of solutes.
chloroplast → material inside the cell membrane--not including the nucleus.
exocytosis → process by which a cell takes material into the cell by infolding of the cell membrane.