← Oral Histo Exam 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Oral Mucosa
- Amelogenesis imperfecta
- FOGP 3rd pouch
- FOGP 2nd pouch
- Initiation of tooth development
- a begins at 37 days with horseshoe band of thickened epithelium in upper and lower jaws. PRIMARY EPITHELIAL BAND
- b This pharyngeal pouch is obliterated by development of palatine tonsil
- c Formed from ectoderm, unlike viscera, bcuz of head fold
- d Look up 3 types. item 96, second lecture.
- e This pharyngeal pouch:
Dorsally forms inferior parathyroid gland
Ventrally forms thymus by fusing w. counterpart from other side
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A term used to constitute the structure that has enamel organ, dental papilla, and dental follicle.
- Muscles cells in 1ST ARCH become apparent during 5th week and spread into Mn arch into each muscle site's origin in the 6th and 7th week. THESE FORM MUSCLES OF MASTICATION. all relate to developing Mn.
- These are innervated by chorda tympani nerve on anteroir 2/3 of tongue and glosspharyngeal nerve on posterior 1/3.
Seen on places like soft palate and epiglottis, glottis. larynx, pharynx.
- Explanation of a structures red color:
1. Thin epithelium
2. Epithelium contains ELEIDIN, which is transparent and present in stratum lucidum clear semi-fluid
3. Blood vessels present near surface.
- connective tissue of skin over somite
5 True/False Questions
Gingival sulcus → These are due to deep rete pegs
Cervical loop → This is the area where inner and outer dental epithelium meet at rim of enamel organ. Here the cells continue to divide until tooth crown attains its full size. After this, gives rise to epithelium for root formation. (zone of reflexion, never uses this word.
Tooth Development Stages → Bud stage
root fromation and eruption
Pituitary gland → This gland is ectodermal in origin and develops from two sources:
Upgrowth from ectodermal roof of stomatodeum called hypophysial diverticulum (rathke's pouch) - adenohypophysis
Downgrowth from neuroectoderm of diencephalon called neurohypophysial diverticulum - neurohypophysis
$th and 5th weeks it connects
Seperation of 1st branchial arch → This branchial arch seperates into a maxillary process and mandibular arch. 1st branchial groove BELOW Mn arch!!!!