5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Geographic Isolation
- Derived Character
- genetic drift
- a type of phylogenic tree that suggests ancestral relationships amoung species constructed from 2 way branch points.
- b Separation of populationsas a result of geographic change or migration to geographically isolated places
- c homologous charachter that untitesorganisms into a group.
- d change in gene pool of population due to chance
- e time it takes for 50% of a radioactive isotope to decay
5 Multiple choice questions
- consists of all the alleles in all the individuals that make up a population
- Condition in which a reproductive barrier keeps two species from interbreeding
- definition of species: one that can breed with one another and produce fertile offspring
- Earths history diviedinto 3 periods
- 2 part latin name for species
5 True/False questions
variation → differences among members of the same species.
descent with modification → evolution from a common ancestor of many species adapted to diverse enviroments
natural selection → the selective breeding of domesticated plants and animals to produce offspring with genetic traits that humans value
antibiotics → formation of new species
microevolution → Major biological changes