5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Biological Species Concept
- Derived Character
- Geologic Time Scale
- gene pool
- a differences among members of the same species.
- b homologous charachter that untitesorganisms into a group.
- c Earths history diviedinto 3 periods
- d definition of species: one that can breed with one another and produce fertile offspring
- e consists of all the alleles in all the individuals that make up a population
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- evolution from a common ancestor of many species adapted to diverse enviroments
- remenants of structures that may have had important functions in an ancestoral species, but have no clear function in some of the modern descendants.
- similarities amoung unrelated species that are result of convergent evolution.
- Condition in which a reproductive barrier keeps two species from interbreeding
- evolution on the smallest scale--> a generation-to-generation change in the frequencies of alleles within a population
5 True/False Questions
fitness → Identification of a species
Phylogenetic Tree → change in gene pool of population due to chance
genetic drift → change in gene pool of population due to chance
descent with modification → evolution from a common ancestor of many species adapted to diverse enviroments
homologous structures → similar structure in different species that share a common ancestor