5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- gene pool
- Convergent Evolution
- descent with modification
- Geographic Isolation
- a process by which descendants of ancestoral organisms spread into various habitats and accumulate adaptations to diverse ways of life
- b Separation of populationsas a result of geographic change or migration to geographically isolated places
- c consists of all the alleles in all the individuals that make up a population
- d process in which unrelated species from simmilar enviroments have simillar adaptations
- e medicines that kill or slow the growth of bacteria
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- contibution that an individual makes to the gene pool of the next generation
- remenants of structures that may have had important functions in an ancestoral species, but have no clear function in some of the modern descendants.
- differences among members of the same species.
- type of phylogenic tree that suggests ancestral relationships amoung species constructed from 2 way branch points.
- Earths history diviedinto 3 periods
5 True/False Questions
Biological Species Concept → definition of species: one that can breed with one another and produce fertile offspring
Speciation → formation of new species
Reproductive Isolation → Condition in which a reproductive barrier keeps two species from interbreeding
Punctuated Equilibrium → the process by which individuals with inherited characteristics well-suited to the environment leave more offspring on average than do other animals..this causes the organisms to adapt to the developed environments around them
Half-Life → time it takes for 50% of a radioactive isotope to decay