5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Derived Character
- fossil record
- vestigal structures
- Adaptive Radiation
- a homologous charachter that untitesorganisms into a group.
- b remenants of structures that may have had important functions in an ancestoral species, but have no clear function in some of the modern descendants.
- c differences among members of the same species.
- d evolution from a common ancestor of many species adapted to diverse enviroments
- e chronological collection of lifes remains in sedimentary rock layers
5 Multiple choice questions
- the process by which individuals with inherited characteristics well-suited to the environment leave more offspring on average than do other animals..this causes the organisms to adapt to the developed environments around them
- 2 part latin name for species
- consists of all the alleles in all the individuals that make up a population
- medicines that kill or slow the growth of bacteria
- type of phylogenic tree that suggests ancestral relationships amoung species constructed from 2 way branch points.
5 True/False questions
Phylogenetic Tree → Branching diagram, suggesting evolutionary relationships
Biological Species Concept → Earths history diviedinto 3 periods
Reproductive Isolation → Separation of populationsas a result of geographic change or migration to geographically isolated places
Convergent Evolution → process in which unrelated species from simmilar enviroments have simillar adaptations
Macroevolution → Major biological changes