5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- descent with modification
- a medicines that kill or slow the growth of bacteria
- b time it takes for 50% of a radioactive isotope to decay
- c contibution that an individual makes to the gene pool of the next generation
- d type of phylogenic tree that suggests ancestral relationships amoung species constructed from 2 way branch points.
- e process by which descendants of ancestoral organisms spread into various habitats and accumulate adaptations to diverse ways of life
5 Multiple choice questions
- similarities amoung unrelated species that are result of convergent evolution.
- 2 part latin name for species
- formation of new species
- the selective breeding of domesticated plants and animals to produce offspring with genetic traits that humans value
- differences among members of the same species.
5 True/False questions
genetic drift → change in gene pool of population due to chance
Biological Species Concept → Earths history diviedinto 3 periods
homologous structures → similarities amoung unrelated species that are result of convergent evolution.
Adaptive Radiation → evolution from a common ancestor of many species adapted to diverse enviroments
Phylogenetic Tree → Branching diagram, suggesting evolutionary relationships