5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- peptide bond
- a a 6 carbon sugar
- b a hexose, blood sugar
- c the bond that joins any two amino acids
- d polymers composed of amino acid monomers
- e ready storage forms of glucose in animals
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- ready storage forms of glucose in plants
- substances that release hydrogen ions (H+)^2 when they dissociate in water
- type of base in DNA paired with adenine
- neuclotide. consists of the pyrophosphate group, the pentose sugar ribose, and the nucleobase adenine.
is the product of ATP dephosphorylation by ATPases. is converted back to ATP by ATP synthases. ATP is an important energy transfer molecule in cells.
- is used to indicate the acidity or basicity of solutions
5 True/False Questions
isotopes → atoms of the same element that differ in the number of neutrons
electrons → subatomic particles that are negativly charged
enzyme → necessary contributors to the chemical workings of a cell, they speed up chemical reactions
monomer → is a large molecule (macromolecule) composed of repeating structural units.
ionic bond → holds together ionic compounds by an attraction between negatively and positively charged ions