5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a is formed when 2 or more atoms bond together
- b a 6 carbon sugar
- c subatomic particle with a negative charge
- d a fat molecule
- e 5 carbon sugar
5 Multiple choice questions
- have a backbone of four fused carbon rings
- of animal origin. solid at room temp
- necessary contributors to the chemical workings of a cell, they speed up chemical reactions
- have no double covalent bonds between carbon atoms
- ready storage forms of glucose in plants
5 True/False questions
base → substances that either take up hydrogen ions(H+) or release hydroxide ions (OH-)
ATP (adenosine triphosphate) → neuclotide. consists of the pyrophosphate group, the pentose sugar ribose, and the nucleobase adenine.
is the product of ATP dephosphorylation by ATPases. is converted back to ATP by ATP synthases. ATP is an important energy transfer molecule in cells.
solute → is a large molecule (macromolecule) composed of repeating structural units.
amino acids → has a central carbon atom with a carboxyl group (COOH) at one end and an amino groupp at the other (NH2)
unsaturated fatty acid → have no double covalent bonds between carbon atoms