5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- ADP (adenosine diphosphate)
- a a 6 carbon sugar
- b when the sharing of electrons between 2 atoms is fairly equal
- c neuclotide. consists of the pyrophosphate group, the pentose sugar ribose, and the nucleobase adenine.
is the product of ATP dephosphorylation by ATPases. is converted back to ATP by ATP synthases. ATP is an important energy transfer molecule in cells.
- d substances that either take up hydrogen ions(H+) or release hydroxide ions (OH-)
- e have a backbone of four fused carbon rings
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a type of base in DNA. must be paired with adenine
- ionic compounds are held together by an attraction between between negatively and positively charged ions called an ionic bond
- ready storage forms of glucose in plants
- a substance that causes fats to mix with water.
- a simple organic molecule that exists individually or can link with other monomers to form a polymer
5 True/False Questions
glucose → a hexose, blood sugar
lipid → substances that release hydrogen ions (H+)^2 when they dissociate in water
polypeptide → a single chain of amino acids
cytosine → a base of DNA must be paired with thymine
covalent bond → holds together ionic compounds by an attraction between negatively and positively charged ions