5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- saturated fatty acid
- a have no double covalent bonds between carbon atoms
- b charged particles
- c is formed when 2 or more atoms bond together
- d attracted to water
- e polysaccharide found in plant cell walls, and accounts for the strong nature of cell walls
5 Multiple choice questions
- dissolved substances in a solution
- is a large molecule (macromolecule) composed of repeating structural units.
- a hydrocarbon chain that ends with the acids group COOH
- a substance that causes fats to mix with water.
- subatomic particles that are negativly charged
5 True/False questions
disaccharide → if the number of carbon atoms in a molecule is low then a carbohydrate is a simple sugar
adenine → a base of DNA must be paired with thymine
isotopes → atoms of the same element that differ in the number of neutrons
buffer → refers to anything that takes up space and has mass.
enzyme → necessary contributors to the chemical workings of a cell, they speed up chemical reactions