5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a to give variety to something; such as jobs, industry, or crops
- b a large, steep waterfall
- c a country that governs and is in control of itself. "Freedom"
- d taking over a country by military or political power
- e a person who flees a country to escape violence, war and famine
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a valley formed by the draining of a river.
- stripping the land of trees for farming
- to move from one place to another
- level area of land higher than surrounding land
- countries trying to improve their economies
5 True/False Questions
desertification → growth of a desert region
biome → an area where plants and animals are suited to each other
leaching → semi-arid land between desert and rainforest
land-locked → a country entirely surrounded by land and cut off from the sea.
Kalahari → a large, steep waterfall