5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Rift Valley
- developing countries
- a washing away of nutrients from soil
- b stripping the land of trees for farming
- c countries trying to improve their economies
- d A large split in Earth's crust, where earthquakes and volcanoes happen
- e growth of a desert region
5 Multiple choice questions
- an area where plants and animals are suited to each other
- a desert in south central Africa
- a country that governs and is in control of itself. "Freedom"
- level area of land higher than surrounding land
- an area put under control of another country.
5 True/False questions
river basin → a valley formed by the draining of a river.
land-locked → semi-arid land between desert and rainforest
cataract → a desert in south central Africa
refugee → an area where plants and animals are suited to each other
migration → taking over a country by military or political power