5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- river basin
- a the area below the Sahara desert. Lower 2/3 of Africa.
- b to move from one place to another
- c a desert in SW Africa - called the "driest place on earth"
- d a person who flees a country to escape violence, war and famine
- e a valley formed by the draining of a river.
5 Multiple choice questions
- washing away of nutrients from soil
- to give variety to something; such as jobs, industry, or crops
- level area of land higher than surrounding land
- a country that governs and is in control of itself. "Freedom"
- an area put under control of another country.
5 True/False questions
land-locked → a large, steep waterfall
developing countries → countries trying to improve their economies
desertification → stripping the land of trees for farming
imperialism → taking over a country by military or political power
biome → semi-arid land between desert and rainforest