5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- developing countries
- a an area where plants and animals are suited to each other
- b a desert in south central Africa
- c countries trying to improve their economies
- d semi-arid land between desert and rainforest
- e level area of land higher than surrounding land
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a country entirely surrounded by land and cut off from the sea.
- growth of a desert region
- to move from one place to another
- a desert in SW Africa - called the "driest place on earth"
- the area below the Sahara desert. Lower 2/3 of Africa.
5 True/False Questions
Rift Valley → A large split in Earth's crust, where earthquakes and volcanoes happen
independence → a country that governs and is in control of itself. "Freedom"
diversify → to give variety to something; such as jobs, industry, or crops
deforestation → stripping the land of trees for farming
leaching → washing away of nutrients from soil