5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a an area put under control of another country.
- b a desert in SW Africa - called the "driest place on earth"
- c taking over a country by military or political power
- d growth of a desert region
- e a large, steep waterfall
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a country entirely surrounded by land and cut off from the sea.
- a desert in south central Africa
- stripping the land of trees for farming
- an area where plants and animals are suited to each other
- A large split in Earth's crust, where earthquakes and volcanoes happen
5 True/False Questions
independence → a country that governs and is in control of itself. "Freedom"
plateau → level area of land higher than surrounding land
Sahel → a desert in SW Africa - called the "driest place on earth"
Sub-Sahara → the area below the Sahara desert. Lower 2/3 of Africa.
migration → stripping the land of trees for farming