5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Rift Valley
- a an area put under control of another country.
- b a large, steep waterfall
- c an area where plants and animals are suited to each other
- d A large split in Earth's crust, where earthquakes and volcanoes happen
- e taking over a country by military or political power
5 Multiple choice questions
- to give variety to something; such as jobs, industry, or crops
- a desert in SW Africa - called the "driest place on earth"
- a person who flees a country to escape violence, war and famine
- a country entirely surrounded by land and cut off from the sea.
- to move from one place to another
5 True/False questions
deforestation → stripping the land of trees for farming
Kalahari → a large, steep waterfall
developing countries → countries trying to improve their economies
Sahel → a desert in SW Africa - called the "driest place on earth"
river basin → a valley formed by the draining of a river.