5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- river basin
- a the area below the Sahara desert. Lower 2/3 of Africa.
- b an area where plants and animals are suited to each other
- c taking over a country by military or political power
- d a desert in south central Africa
- e a valley formed by the draining of a river.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a country entirely surrounded by land and cut off from the sea.
- to give variety to something; such as jobs, industry, or crops
- growth of a desert region
- a desert in SW Africa - called the "driest place on earth"
- a country that governs and is in control of itself. "Freedom"
5 True/False questions
leaching → washing away of nutrients from soil
migration → to move from one place to another
refugee → an area where plants and animals are suited to each other
plateau → level area of land higher than surrounding land
Rift Valley → A large split in Earth's crust, where earthquakes and volcanoes happen