5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What happened in South Africa in 1795?
- Where are the highest % of Hispanic Americans in the US?
- What is the anti-apartheid group called after the fall of the Afrikaners-Nationalist party?
- Where are the highest % of Asian Americans in the US?
- What are the three major flows of African Americans?
- a 1. forced migration Africa--> America 18th cent.
2. 20th cent. within US: from the rural south cities of the NE, midwest, and West
3. Immigration from inner city ghettos--> other urban neighborhoods (during second half of 20th cent. and first decade of the 21st cent.)
- b Hawaii and California (more in Hawaii)
- c southwest and in northern cities
- d African National Congress
- e British seized Boers and took over for military reasons
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Plessy vs Ferguson
- parts of the plains, the southwest, and Alaska
- black, white, colored (black/white), or asian
- 1. ports
2. jobs for poorer people who didn't get paid
3. MDC's mineral recources for manufacturing and chem. processes
- South Africa
5 True/False Questions
What is "white flight"? → physical separation of races into diff. geographic areas
Who created the Apartheid system? → South Africa
When was Apartheid System abolished? → South Africa
Who was the leader of the anti-apartheid group and the first black president in South Africa? → African National Congress
What was apartheid? → physical separation of races into diff. geographic areas