← Chinese Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What was Conficius upbringing?
- What did Jian Jie Shi add to Nationalist Party in 1934?
- Who was the 1st emperor of China?
- name the 3 gods that made up the Daoist trinity
- What is the "Doctrine of the Mean"
- a Confucius chapter 28- human nature & moral order of universe
- b started the New Life Movement
- c poor, father died, learned from people, not classically, liked music, hunting, archery
- d Jade emperor, Lao-zi, Ling Bao
- e Duke Zhang
"Shi Huang Di"
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Turn your back on society, return to nature, cultivate your own personal life which is the only true good
- Han Dynasty
- he sacrificed culture & amenities that make life pleasant for bare economic benefit
- the old master
born Qu state 604BC
- book of rites
5 True/False Questions
Why did Confucius take no interest in written law? → believed govt. should set moral example, not by writing about it
Why did Confucius say about the supernatural study? → should spend more time on human welfare instead
According to Zhu-zi, what 2 elemental forces are responsible for all things coming into existence? → vital force (qi)
Law (or rational principle/Li)
What was the main idea of Neo-Confucians? → purist, no Buddhist or Daoist influence
Happened after Song dynasty
What is Wu-wei? → nonagression, non meddlesome action
you'll achieve kindness, sincerity, humility