← Bacteriology Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is the gene that makes MRSA?
- Name the HACEK organisms (GNR).
- When do you use latex agglutination and on what 4 bact?
- What type of hemolysis does C. perfringens have?
- Name the tx for Legionella
- a Double zone of hemolysis
- b when bact cx (-) cuz pt partially tx; look for bact Ag using test kit anti-sera; use for N.meningitidis, H, influ, S.pneum and GBS
- c Haemophilus aphrophilus, Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, Cardiobacter hominis, Eikenella corrodens (PITS the BAP), Kingella kingii (HEMOLYZES BAP)
- d erythromycin
- e MecA gene makes PBP (PCN binding prot) which causes oxacillin resistance
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Propionibacterium acnes
- Actinomyces israelii
- X (hemin)only; causes Chanchroid, and STD, it's X-rated:)
- curved GNR, sea gull
- Group D strep are Bile esculin +, 6.5% NaCl-, and PYR-
Enterococci are Bile esculin +, 6.5% NaCl+, and PYR+
5 True/False Questions
Name the 2 groups of Anaerobic GNR → H. influenzae, H. parainfluenzae, H. aprophilus, H. ducreyi
Are B.frag group bile resistant or sensitive? → Resistant
Are Neisseria and Moraxella oxidase + or -? → Haemophilus aphrophilus, Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, Cardiobacter hominis, Eikenella corrodens (PITS the BAP), Kingella kingii (HEMOLYZES BAP)
What is the morphology of Clostridium? → Boxcar shaped G+bacilli
Definition of aerobic → needs increased CO2 and decreased O2 to grow