← ap gov #1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- poll tax
- amendment 11
- executive privileges
- civil rights act
- article V
- a in southern states, when you registered to vote, certain groups weren't allowed to pay a ____ ___, preventing them from voting.
- b prevents people from suing the federal govt
- c formal amendments
- d (1964) outlawed discrimination in public places
- e personal advisers to the president, no one has the right to see the notes circulated between them.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- (1786) supporters of a strong central govt. met in hopes to change. only five states show up. agree to meet again in 1 year and in philly, in hopes of more supporters.
- written in 1776 by thomas jefferson, who was inspired by john locke.
- all rights not listed in the constitution are kept by the people
- may not be specifically listed in the constitution, but the power is taken anyways
- expanded suffrage by making the poll tax illegal
5 True/False Questions
social contract → give government the right to govern us and make decisions and as long as its fair, they can stay. described as a "lawyer's brief justifying a revolution"
3/5 compromise → allowed the slave trade to continue for 20 more years
confederacy → political decision-making power is concentrated in the states
amendment 8 → if you are fined or issued bails, it has to be fair, protection from cruel and unusual punishment
shay's rebellion → (1786) supporters of a strong central govt. met in hopes to change. only five states show up. agree to meet again in 1 year and in philly, in hopes of more supporters.