5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a stingy, miserly
- b (adj.) abundant; plentiful; wordy, verbose.
- c to anticipate and prevent; to remove, dispose of
- d (n.) a hint; a vague notion.
- e (n.) one who leaves a group; a deserter, outlaw; (adj.) traitorous, unconventional, unorthodox
5 Multiple choice questions
- (adj.,part.) unnaturally thin.
- loud and noisy; compelling attention
- fearful or anxious, especially about the future
- a state of perplexity or doubt
- (v.) to inflict physical punishment as a means of correction; to scold severely.
5 True/False questions
recalcitrant → stubbornly disobedient, resisting authority
omnivorous → (adj.) almighty, having unlimited power or authority.
consecrate → to make sacred, hallow; to set apart for a special purpose
condolence → to praise, express approval; to present as worthy of attention; to commit to the care of
omnipotent → to anticipate and prevent; to remove, dispose of