5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 75-90 mg
- Vitamin A
- a The RDA of Vitamin c is __-__. with an upper limit of 2 GRAMS
- b the RDA for Men 51-70 year olds for Calcium
- c Mg++ can cause ?. Often used for constipation and to prevent preclampsia in preggos.
- d Used in the synthesis and metabolism of thyroid hormones. Content in diet depends on amount in the soil. US, JAPAN, CANADA, and NORWAY have good amounts. Dietary is SUPERIOR to supplements
- e Avoid Vitamin ? if you are taking retinoid supplements and excessive ? ? can cause LIVER Damage
5 Multiple choice questions
- Decreases absorption ; Calcium and Coffee/Tea. ?
- d-alpha tocopherol, is the natural isoform (0.67 IU)
- 85% niacin, may help reduce cholesterol, may cause LESS flushing than niacin. Less side effects than niacin, peaks at about 10 hours and has a slower therapeutic effect
- Lowers cholesterol, decreases Triglycerides and Increases HDL.
- ________ Urinary excretion of Calcium, Caffeine is increased past 300 mg/DL. SODIUM 3000
5 True/False questions
Vitamin E → Assume All isomers contribute to toxicity, NON-HEALTHY PATIENTS SHOULD NOT TAKE MORE THAN 400 IU OF ? A DAY! INCREASED RISK OF MORTALITY
50 mg → Niacin Doses of ___ __s LEADS TO FLUSHING, HEADACHES, and ITCHING. therapeutic levels are 1-3 grams
5000 IU → Retinol can cause BIRTH defects if taken by pregnant women even in modestly excessive doses. Recommend _____ (units?) of Vitamin A to pregnant women
Pernicious Anemia → Vitamin B9
Ferrous Fumarate → Type of zinc that has 23% of elemental zinc (s____)