← Vitamins Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin C
- 1-3 grams
- 50 mg
- a the RDA of ? is 600 IU a day for those 9-70 years old. Upper limit is 4000 IU daily.
- b Increases absorption of iron Vitamin _?
- c use _-_ ______s of niacin for treatment of high cholesterol.
- d Magnesium is often in combo with ? 2:1 ratio or 3:1 (3:1 never found to be superior)
- e Niacin Doses of ___ __s LEADS TO FLUSHING, HEADACHES, and ITCHING. therapeutic levels are 1-3 grams
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Lowers cholesterol, decreases Triglycerides and Increases HDL.
- 50,000 IU a day, also known as vitamin D2. Is LESS THAN ONE THIRD potent as the D3 derivative
- DECREASES absorption of Biphosphonates, Levodopa, Methyldopa, Antibiotics
- you are deficient in Serum VITAMIN D if you intake less than ___ __/__L
5 True/False Questions
Vitamin D → d-alpha tocopherol, is the natural isoform (0.67 IU)
Lutein → Zeaxanthin, Carotenoid pigments, in the human macula and retina
inositol hexanicotinate → may prevent diabetes in at risk children, may increase levels of anticonvulsants
Lutein → INtranasal gel may cause anosmia, appears to be dose related and may be permanent.
400 IU → NON HEALTHY PEOPLE SHOULD NOT TAKE MORE THAN ____ IU of Vitamin E a day