5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Low Bioavailability
- EAR (estimated average requirement)
- a Decreases absorption ; Calcium and Coffee/Tea. ?
- b Magnesium Oxide (MagOx) and Magnesium Sulfate
- c estimation, no clear requirement for a population as a whole
- d what is the RDA of Calcium for 9-18 year olds?
- e ? Vitamin C is not readily absorbed across the intestinal mucosa. Aids IN IRON ABSORPTION
5 Multiple choice questions
- Vitamin B12, Oral Supplementation is EQUIVALENT to IM (one monthly)
- Side effects of NAUSEA, HEARTBURN, KIDNEY STONES (1g/day)
- The RDA of Vitamin c is __-__. with an upper limit of 2 GRAMS
- d-alpha tocopherol, is the natural isoform (0.67 IU)
- use _-_ ______s of niacin for treatment of high cholesterol.
5 True/False questions
Ergocalciferol → Decreased absorption of Iron, ZINC, MAGNESIUM. Only Clinically significant in patients with deficiences
UL (Tolerable upper intake level) → HIGHEST average daily dose likely to pose no adverse effects for the GENERAL population
Magnesium → Decreased absorption of Iron, ZINC, MAGNESIUM. Only Clinically significant in patients with deficiences
Sensory Neuropathy → 20% elemental Iron
Fiber → also known as THIAMINE, deficiency is associated with Alcoholism, A___xia, Crohns disease, F___ deficiency, Kidney Dialysis, and Loop Diuretics.