5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Conjugated Proteins
- a glucose and glucose; glucose is a bad sugar
- b N-acetyl muramic acid; important sugar acids in bacterial cell walls
- c proteins and RNA
- d glucose and galactose
- e amino acid with another component; glycoprotein; nucleoprotein; lipoprotein; phosphoprotein.
5 Multiple choice questions
- alters the topology of DNA molecules.
- nucleus, mitochondria, golgi bodies, chloroplasts
- contains only amino acids
- End-product allosterically inhibits the action of first enzyme in pathway. prevents cell from wasting resources.
- all hydrocarbons have CH2 units (bad for health); animals
5 True/False questions
Uncompetitive Inhibition → occupy the active site
Important Cofactors → m. wt. 10^3- 10^9; nucleic acids, proteins, lipids, polysaccharides. 4 most important to study.
Macromolecules → Usually polymers; usually dehydration synthesis also called condensation rxn.
Lipids → fats; long complex hydrocarbon chains; triglycerides, phospholipids in membranes, steroids like cholesterol; are non polar; function in energy storage and the structure of membranes; CH3(CH2)nCOOH n=14-22
Supra Molecular Assemblies → m. wt. = 10^6-10^9; ribosomes, enzyme complexes, contractile systems, microtubules.