← History DOK Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Zhou Enlai
- 1950 - 1953
- a Premier of the People's Republic of China 1949 to 1976. He was much loved by the Chinese people.
- b The Revolution of 1911. The 4,000-year Dynastic system comes to an end. Sun Yatsen tries to form a republic that would help the people of China economically, give the people political power and enable China to defend itself against foreigners; however, civil war took place instead. Sun was never able to realize his idealistic plans for China.
- c - A form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position
- d The Korean War. It was started when the Communist North Koreans invaded South Korea, and American ally. China came into the war when they felt threatened by General Douglas Macarthur's troops coming close to China's border. Technically a draw, Mao Zedong and the Communist proclaim it as a great victory.
- e The Beijing Massacre in Tiananmen Square. Deng Xiaoping did a marvelous job of developing China's economy. He was a communist but he introduced capitalist type economic reforms to help China grow; however, he was against political reform. When college students peacefully protested for democratic reform, and refused to disband, the Communist government under Deng sent in the tanks. Thousands of college students were killed and many many more were rounded up and imprisoned. The West spoke out against the violence of the Chinese government, but the criticism had little effect. By the late 1990s China was being considered for membership into the prestigious WTO. They were accepted into the WTO in 2001.
China Today - Human Rights and the Economy
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- leader of North Korea until his death in 1972. Started the Korean War in 1958. He modeled his rule using Joseph Stalin as a role model. His son, Kim Jong Il, now rules.
- First leader of China
- Japan invades China and takes most of the major cities on the coast. Japan commits atrocities such as the murder of innocent women, children and elderly people. Chiang Kai Shek's government loses much prestige and the communist are given a chance to grow again and become heroes fighting against the Japanese. The relations between China and Japan are tense to this very day.
- key figure behind the start of the Cultural Revolution. Heir apparent to Mao. Died escaping China after it was found out that he was plotting to have Mao assassinated.
- Communist leader who started the Great proletariat Cultural revolution
5 True/False Questions
Otto Braun → Prime minister of Prussia
Joseph Stalin → Prime minister of Prussia
Red Guards → - A form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position
Totalitarian state → The lower class
The Little Red Book → Published by the government of China from April 1964 until approximately 1976