← History DOK Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- People's Republic of China
- Deng Xiaoping
- 1950 - 1953
- Collective farms, Communes
- a Also know as China, is the world most populous state in the world with over 1.3 billion people
- b The Korean War. It was started when the Communist North Koreans invaded South Korea, and American ally. China came into the war when they felt threatened by General Douglas Macarthur's troops coming close to China's border. Technically a draw, Mao Zedong and the Communist proclaim it as a great victory.
- c Leader of the Communist Party, modernized China. He was the most powerful ruler of China
- d The lower class
- e Villages set up by Mao to modernize china through a whole community
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Leader of China since 2003)
- First leader of China
- - Constitutional Monarchy in Manchuria and eastern inner Mongolia
- Premier of the People's Republic of China 1949 to 1976. He was much loved by the Chinese people.
- The Beijing Massacre in Tiananmen Square. Deng Xiaoping did a marvelous job of developing China's economy. He was a communist but he introduced capitalist type economic reforms to help China grow; however, he was against political reform. When college students peacefully protested for democratic reform, and refused to disband, the Communist government under Deng sent in the tanks. Thousands of college students were killed and many many more were rounded up and imprisoned. The West spoke out against the violence of the Chinese government, but the criticism had little effect. By the late 1990s China was being considered for membership into the prestigious WTO. They were accepted into the WTO in 2001.
China Today - Human Rights and the Economy
5 True/False Questions
Totalitarian state → Political sytem where the state, usually under the control of a single political person, faction, or class, recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible
Propaganda → The lower class
1911 → The Revolution of 1911. The 4,000-year Dynastic system comes to an end. Sun Yatsen tries to form a republic that would help the people of China economically, give the people political power and enable China to defend itself against foreigners; however, civil war took place instead. Sun was never able to realize his idealistic plans for China.
Communism → Economic system in which the means of production are privately owned and operated for a private profit
Liu Shaoqi → Chairman of the People's Republic of China from 1959 to 1968 when Mao turned against him. He died in prison