5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- People's Republic of China
- Zhou Enlai
- Deng Xiaoping
- Nikita Sergeyevich Khrushchev
- a - Constitutional Monarchy in Manchuria and eastern inner Mongolia
- b Leader of the Communist Party, modernized China. He was the most powerful ruler of China
- c took over Soviet Union in 1953. Falling out with Mao by 1958. Led the Soviet Union during the cold war. Tried to have relationship with USA but China didn't like that
- d Premier of the People's Republic of China 1949 to 1976. He was much loved by the Chinese people.
- e Also know as China, is the world most populous state in the world with over 1.3 billion people
5 Multiple choice questions
- Leader of China since 2003)
- - Leader of the first modernized army in China
- Deng's successor
• Dalai Lama- Buddhist leader of religious officials
- Japan invades China and takes most of the major cities on the coast. Japan commits atrocities such as the murder of innocent women, children and elderly people. Chiang Kai Shek's government loses much prestige and the communist are given a chance to grow again and become heroes fighting against the Japanese. The relations between China and Japan are tense to this very day.
- Published by the government of China from April 1964 until approximately 1976
5 True/False questions
Lin Biao → key figure behind the start of the Cultural Revolution. Heir apparent to Mao. Died escaping China after it was found out that he was plotting to have Mao assassinated.
Propaganda → - A form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position
Totalitarian state → Political sytem where the state, usually under the control of a single political person, faction, or class, recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible
Karl Marx → Wrote the Communist Manifesto in 1849
1945 - 1949 → World War II ends in August 1945. Though the Communist and Nationalist had a truce during the war, the truce broke down as soon as the war ended. The Communist and Nationalist fought in another civil war, which ended on October 1, 1949 with a Communist victory. The Nationalist were not 100% defeated. Several hundred thousand Nationalists retreated to Taiwan.