5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Planula, Scyphistome, Strobila, Ephyra, and Medusa
- Incomplete gut (serves as a hydrostatic skeleton)
- a This class of cnidarians contains some of the most potent poisons known to man.
- b What kind of gut do Cnidarians have? The food goes out the same way it came in, and if the Cnidarians close their gut, they can use it as ____________
- c Cubozoan with fairly advanced eyes, and lens. This cubozoans can pick out images, but have no CNS.
- d List the stages of the Cnidarian life cycle, starting with the larva stage.
- e Which order of Cnidarians is colonial, and has pneumatophores?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What are the two major subclasses of Cnidarians?
- What are three types of Colonial Hydrozoa?
- Sexual stage of Cnidarian, after the Ephyra stage.
- Strobilated polyp releases an "immature medusa" individual known as a(n) _________.
- Upside-down jelly. These can operate by photosynthesis.
5 True/False Questions
Millepora spp. → Which stage of the Cnidarian life cycle is the sexual stage?
Scyphistome → Polyp stage
Chironex fleckeri → Box jellies or "sea wasps".
Cubozoa → What class are sensory organs incredibly advanced in?
They are structurally the inverse of each other → What kind of nervous system do Cnidarians have?