← Classical Exam Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Christoph Willibald Gluck
- Prince Nicholas Esterhazy
- a Haydn built an orchestra of about twenty-five performers and gave weekly concerts, occasional opera performances, and daily chamber music sessions.
- b Bohemian, studied Italian opera under Sammartini. Court Composer to Emperor in Vienna.
- c Something that returns
- d played chello and baryton, haydn created concertos for him on baryton.
- e A solo passage played with freedom.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the division of the scale based on an octave that is divided into twelve exactly equal semitones. Used by Haydn's 40s symphonies for unusual keys.
- Clavichord vibrato
- Triangle, Cymbals, Bass drum, (Haydn's 100th symphony)
- Most important Italian keyboard composer of the 18th century. Lived in Spain, hand crossing, rapid note repetition, arpeggiated patterns.
- "K" numbers. Chronological order of Mozart's works. K1 is his first works around 8 years old.
5 True/False Questions
Galant style → oriented toward a melody with simple harmonies & melodies.
Serenade → Haydn built an orchestra of about twenty-five performers and gave weekly concerts, occasional opera performances, and daily chamber music sessions.
Singspiel → The process of measuring the stresses in a line of verse in order to determine the metrical pattern of the line.
Rise of middle class → Pattern outlining a triad
Emperfindsamer stil OR empfindasmkeit → Harmonic surprises, chromaticism, unusual (unexpected) rhythmic patterns.