← Chemical Formulas Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- semi metals
- molecular compounds
- oxidation number
- stock system
- a elements on the periodic table that have properties of both metals and nonmetals
- b compounds composed of molecules.
- c the degree of oxidation of an atom or ion or molecule. for simple atoms or ions the oxidation number is equal to the ionic charge; "the oxidation number of hydrogen is +1 and of oxygen is -2"
- d something that stands for or represents something else
- e the roman numerals in parenthesis to indicate the charge of an atom
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- lowest neutral whole number ration of ions from an ionic compound
- compounds composed of cations and anions
- negatively charged ions
- the act of decomposing a substance into its constituent elements
- simple whole number ratios of elements in a compound
5 True/False Questions
ternary acids → acids that consist of two elements, usually hydrogen and a halogen
metals → located to the left of the zig-zag line and are malleable, good conductors, ductile, shiny, mostly solids.
hypo → below, under, deficient
molecular formula → simple whole number ratios of elements in a compound
ions → negatively charged ions