5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- ternary acids
- a below, under, deficient
- b positively charged ions
- c through
- d Oxides containing hydrogen, oxygen, and one other element
- e having one atom in the molecule
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- tightly bound groups of atoms that behave as a unit and carry a charge
- electrically charged atoms that have gained or lost electrons.
- (physics and chemistry) the simplest structural unit of an element or compound
- right of the zigzag line, not malleable/ductile, not shiny, poor conductors.
- Compound that contains atoms of three or more different elements
5 True/False Questions
oxidation number → the degree of oxidation of an atom or ion or molecule. for simple atoms or ions the oxidation number is equal to the ionic charge; "the oxidation number of hydrogen is +1 and of oxygen is -2"
emperical formula → a combination of chemical symbols and numbers to represent a substance
binary acids → acids that consist of two elements, usually hydrogen and a halogen
binary compound → Compound that contains atoms of three or more different elements
diatomic → of or relating to a molecule made up of two atoms