← Oedipus Facts Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- irony of Oedipus's blindness
realization that the prophecy is true
Polybus isn't related to Oedipus
- a He was blind to other's advice, know he can't see others
- b "Lost! Ah Lost! At last it's blazing clear. Light of my eyes (days, go dark), goodbye my final gaze!"
- c Sole survivor of Oedipus's road rage
Man who found Oedipus in the foot hills
- d oracle who told Oedipus that he was the killer of Oedipus
- e Because Polybus and you were worlds apart."
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "This day will furnish you a birthday and a death."
- He tells Oedipus of Polybus's death and infers that Polybus is not Oedipus's father.
- U-shaped audience area
- Oedipus's real mother and wife
- highest point in the plot
5 True/False Questions
plague → Oedipus's real father, and the man Oedipus murdered
theme → wooden-structure dressing area with three doors
Prologue → Opening scene, background established
Polybus → Oedipus's adoptive father
Merope → Oedipus's friend who takes Tiresias's side and is accused to be in a conspiracy against Oedipus