← Biology: Test 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Biogeochemical Cycles
- a bacteria and fungi that cause decay also returns nutrients to the environment
- b SCAVENGERS eats dead bodies and wastes
- c Energy flows through ecosystems in 1 direction.
sun --> producers --> consumers --> decomposers --> heat
- d evaporation of water from the leaves of plants.
- e most important factor controlling kinds and numbers of organisms.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- graphic devices used to illustrate the flow of energy through ecosystems
- producers use CO2 from air or water to build organic molecules that serve as food for consumers.
- rate of photosynthetic production of organic molecules
- cells --> tissues --> organs --> organ systems --> organism --> population --> community
- PRIMARY PRODUCERS occupied by plants, algae and some bacteria
5 True/False Questions
Water in living organisms → ASSIMILATION and TRANSPIRATION
Decomposition → burning organic matter either by natural events or human activity.
abiotic factor → the physical, non-living aspects of a habitat, such as soil, water, climate, etc.
What must happen to matter? → It must be recycled between organisms and the environment
Closed pathways by which matter is cycled through ecosystems
What percentage of energy is designated for growth? → 50%