5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- first trophic level
- Biogeochemical Cycles
- a PRIMARY PRODUCERS occupied by plants, algae and some bacteria
- b the community of organisms and the abiotic factors in its habitat
- c most important factor controlling kinds and numbers of organisms.
- d eats both plants and animals
- e Energy flows through ecosystems in 1 direction.
sun --> producers --> consumers --> decomposers --> heat
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the most influential material that determines ecosystem inhabitants
(most influential part of matter)
- The liquid portion of water on Earth (lakes, streams, oceans)
- All major kingdoms of life represented: plants, animals, fungi, protists, and bacteria.
5 True/False Questions
Energy pyramid → graphic devices used to illustrate the flow of energy through ecosystems
Decomposition → bacteria and fungi that cause decay also returns nutrients to the environment
biotic factor → the physical, non-living aspects of a habitat, such as soil, water, climate, etc.
assimilation → incorporation of materials into the body of an organism.
Respiration → evaporation of water from the leaves of plants.