5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- third trophic level
- What is ALWAYS lost during energy transfer
- Biogeochemical Cycles
- a SECONDARY CONSUMERS animals that eat other animals
- b Heat
- c breakdown of organic molecules that releases CO2 into the air or water.
- d Energy flows through ecosystems in 1 direction.
sun --> producers --> consumers --> decomposers --> heat
- e all the populations of different species living in an area.
5 Multiple choice questions
- SCAVENGERS eats dead bodies and wastes
- captures light energy and makes energy-storing molecules (plants, algae, and some bacteria) AUTOTROPHIC
- the most influential material that determines ecosystem inhabitants
(most influential part of matter)
- bacteria and fungi that cause decay also returns nutrients to the environment
- cells --> tissues --> organs --> organ systems --> organism --> population --> community
5 True/False questions
Decomposition → recycles organic matter
fourth trophic level → PRIMARY PRODUCERS occupied by plants, algae and some bacteria
biodiversity → variety of organisms, their genetic difference and the ecosystems in which they occur.
food chain → the path of energy through a single set of throphic levels.
first trophic level → PRIMARY PRODUCERS occupied by plants, algae and some bacteria