← DNA and RNA Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Messenger RNA (mRNA)
- a Ribonucleic Acid. Long chain of nucleotides. 3 Main Differences from DNA. 1. Contains Nitrogenous Base Urecil instead of thymine. 2. RNA is single stranded rather than double. 3. Contains the 5 Carbon Sugar, Ribose
- b Makes DNA
- c A protein that unzips the DNA and holds the 2 strands apart
- d Carries instructions for assembling amino acids from RNA to the rest of the cell
- e Converting the RNA message into amino acid
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- On replicated DNA, one strand is old, one is new
- A protein that brings new nucleotides together to make the new strands. Also acts as a proofreader.
- Holds DNA strands apart and pieces together nucleotides to make a new RNA strand from one side of the DNA molecule
- Base sequences that signal where transcription should start
- Deoxyribonucleic Acid. A nucleic acid that has nucleotides.
5 True/False Questions
Rosalind Franklin → Shape of DNA. James Watson and Francis Crick discovered it.
1 Ring → Purines
DNA Ligase → A protein that binds pieces of DNA together to make the new strand
Chargraff's Rule → A=T and C=G
A pairs with T → 3 Hydrogen Bonds