5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- complex/irregular meters
- simple meter
- complex rhythmic character
- a loudness, volume, dynamic(power) of sound
- b inactive
- c Duple, triple or quadruple meter indicated by number 2,3 or 4
- d accent and duration are highly diverse or several patterns exist simultaneously
- e If the music has definite pulse and groups are not in groups of 2's and 3's
5 Multiple choice questions
- distinct tone quality of sound
- Rhythms which are at odds with the prevailing beat.
- meters change fairly rapidly
- length a sound is sustained; basis for beat and rhythm
- Difficult to hear meter. It has a weak pulse.
5 True/False questions
sensual → The speed at which musical pulses move.
simple rhythmic character → accent and duration are highly diverse or several patterns exist simultaneously
ritardando (rit.) → gradually get slower
rhythm → The grouping of pulses into twos, threes, fours, etc
tempo → The speed at which musical pulses move.