5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- compound meter
- irregular rhythmic character
- meter of a march
- weak meter
- a Those 2 groups of 3's, 3 groups of 3's or 4 groups of 3's. A meter which the basic beat is divided into 3 parts divided by 2.
- b moving
- c Difficult to hear meter. It has a weak pulse.
- d 4 beats
- e accents and/or duration are constantly changing
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Rhythms which are at odds with the prevailing beat.
- distinct tone quality of sound
- length a sound is sustained; basis for beat and rhythm
- 2 or more lines carry an independent meter simultaneously
5 True/False Questions
accelerando (acc.) → gradually get slower
complex/irregular meters → If the music has definite pulse and groups are not in groups of 2's and 3's
regular rhythmic character → accents and/or duration are constantly changing
sensual → The speed at which musical pulses move.
tempo → The speed at which musical pulses move.