← music 1075 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- compound meter
- time signature
- ritardando (rit.)
- complex rhythmic character
- a gradually get slower
- b indicates number of beats in each measure
- c accent and duration are highly diverse or several patterns exist simultaneously
- d A group of pieces composed with no intended meter (chants)
- e Those 2 groups of 3's, 3 groups of 3's or 4 groups of 3's. A meter which the basic beat is divided into 3 parts divided by 2.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- distinct tone quality of sound
- If the music has definite pulse and groups are not in groups of 2's and 3's
- 3 beats
5 True/False Questions
simple meter → Duple, triple or quadruple meter indicated by number 2,3 or 4
tempo → The speed at which musical pulses move.
syncopation → Rhythms which are at odds with the prevailing beat.
meter → highness or lowness of sound; frequency of vibration
regular rhythmic character → patterns of accent and duration are repeated