5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- irregular rhythmic character
- simple rhythmic character
- a The time element produced by accent and duration.
- b accents and/or duration are constantly changing
- c A group of pieces composed with no intended meter (chants)
- d length a sound is sustained; basis for beat and rhythm
- e patterns consist of only a few note values
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Difficult to hear meter. It has a weak pulse.
- The speed at which musical pulses move.
- The grouping of pulses into twos, threes, fours, etc
- indicates number of beats in each measure
- gradually get slower
5 True/False Questions
irregular meters → 5,7,10,11
syncopation → Rhythms which are at odds with the prevailing beat.
emotional → moving
vivace (viv.) → lively
simple meter → measures that begin with an accented downbeat followed by 2 unaccented beats (lilting dance like feel - waltz)