5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- irregular rhythmic character
- simple meter
- irregular meters
- a 5,7,10,11
- b Duple, triple or quadruple meter indicated by number 2,3 or 4
- c accents and/or duration are constantly changing
- d 2 or more lines carry an independent meter simultaneously
- e inactive
5 Multiple choice questions
- The time element produced by accent and duration.
- measures that begin with an accented downbeat followed by 2 unaccented beats (lilting dance like feel - waltz)
- The speed at which musical pulses move.
- If the music has definite pulse and groups are not in groups of 2's and 3's
- distinct tone quality of sound
5 True/False questions
meter of a march → 4 beats
emotional → length a sound is sustained; basis for beat and rhythm
perceptive → inactive
regular meters → 5,7,10,11
syncopation → Rhythms which are at odds with the prevailing beat.