5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Anna Held's song
- Miles Gloriosus
- George White's "Scandals"
- a ancient greek tradition of mocking a man whose wife had cheated on him; would get wrapped in goat skin and be taken around town to have people throw things at him; subject of musical comedy
- b famous roman playwright, all three plays had massive influence
- c "Bicycle Built for Two"
- d great threat to Ziegfeld bc it had the dancer/choreographer from Zig Follies.
- e braggart warrior
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- comedian and dancer, strip tease- created the G-string, ect
- dominated by one personality trait (shhhhing librarian)
- Dionysian Rites and festivals, Greek chorus, Satyr plays, thespis, cuckoldry, satire, becomes a model for Roman comedy
- half man, half goat, satire, mockery of foolish; target today and back then = politicians
- Marriage of Figearo
5 True/False Questions
534 BC → side kicks tothe harlequin
George M. Cohan → patriotic actor in Vaudeville
Shuffle Along → intricate rhyming scheme- humor found in the rhyming
Dionysus rites and festivals → Topsy Turvy, H.M.S Pinafore, Pirates of Penzance
Burlesque → ribald humor, sexual innuendo, scanitly clad women, pushed boundaries