← Stubbs Vocab Final Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Causing intense physical or mental pain; agonizing.
- b a point or line of joining or connection; joint, as of two bones, or seam.
- c uncertain; unstable; insecure
- d to make twisting or turning movements; to contort the body, as in agony;
- e Something that separates or divides, as an interior wall dividing one room from another.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to become less active, intense; to abate
- to reach a settlement between parties as an unbiased independent; to decide; to determine
- aid; help; relief
- to declare (a statement, report, etc.) to be false or incorrect; to be contrary or opposed to; to go against.
- to set right; to rectify or remedy, often by making compensation for a wrong or grievance
5 True/False Questions
Defiance → pleasant, friendly, good-natured.
Obstinate → unreasonably determined to have one's own way; not yielding to reason; stubborn
Homo (Gr) → same
Subtle → a strong wind
Meretricious → alluring by false, showy charms; attractive in a flashy way; tawdry