← Stubbs Vocab Final Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a anything given or done to show reverence, honor, or respect
- b careful and close examination
- c to go away hastily and secretly; run away and hide, esp. in order to escape the law
- d pure, decent, or modest in nature, behavior; restrained and simple in style; not ornate
- e alluring by false, showy charms; attractive in a flashy way; tawdry
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to make less intense; to reduce; to soften.
- disarranged and untidy; tousled; rumpled
- eager and ready to fight; quarrelsome; combative
- To make a formal accusation against, as to the police or in a court.
- contempt or ridicule
5 True/False Questions
Nonchalantly → goods forbidden by law to be imported or exported; smuggled merchandise
Chortle → to make a gleeful chuckling or snorting sound
Hierarchy → A group of persons or things arranged in order of rank, grade, class, etc.
Outcast → Impudence; nerve.
Obstinate → unreasonably determined to have one's own way; not yielding to reason; stubborn