← Chapter 3: online Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Research studies of the content of dreams indicate that
- The rhythmic bursts of brain activity that occur during Stage 2 sleep are called
- Research on susceptibility to hypnosis indicates that
- At 1:00 A.M., Luis gets out of bed and begins to sleepwalk. An EEG of his brain activity is most likely to indicate the presence of
- One of the dangers of using Ecstasy at all-night dances is
- a delta waves
- b dehydration.
- c people are more likely to dream of failure than of success.
- d people who are highly responsive to hypnotic suggestion tend to become absorbed in the imaginary events of a novel or a movie.
- e sleep spindles.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- selective attention.
- decreases the brain's production of endorphins.
- many people are able to stop using addictive drugs without professional help.
- circadian rhythm.
5 True/False Questions
After sleeping for about an hour and a half, José enters a phase of paradoxical sleep. He is likely to → have very relaxed muscles.
Sleep deprivation ________ the production of body fat by ________ levels of the stress hormone cortisol. → stimulates; increasing
Bed-wetting is most likely to occur at the end of ________ sleep. → decrease; increase
Compared to when they were only 20 years old, 60-year-olds → Compared to when they were only 20 years old, 60-year-olds
By decreasing REM sleep, alcohol consumption disrupts the processing of recent experiences into long- term memory. This disruptions occurs because REM sleep → By decreasing REM sleep, alcohol consumption disrupts the processing of recent experiences into long-term memory. This disruptions occurs because REM sleep